Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2015

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
apple manufacturing a car, that seems ludicrous.

they couldn't figure out apple tv, so now apple car

is apple space to follow

I can't wait for the headlines: "What Elon Musk thinks of the Apple Car"

By 2019... for something that is unconfirmed. Who trades on stuff like this. This just validates the business case. To me, today is a good day for the world. An EV is introduced juxtapositioned with ICE companies scamming the EPA. It's an EV market win.

Anybody notice how negatively WSJ portrays Tesla? Almost every article I've read from them concerning Tesla somehow spins it in the most negative way possible. Almost makes me wonder if there's any special interests behind it because it's so biased. Pretty unprofessional to report on Apple making a car 4 years into the future and make it sound legitimate without any confirmation from the company, pictures, price points, or any details at all for that matter.

Oh well, just another buying opportunity.

OK, as someone looking for an entry point...any ideas for a price to target?

I know there are some short-term bulls here, but is there a particular reason to think TSLA will be going up in October - December? There won't be any big news, and there will be uncertainty about the Model X ramp and when Tesla will be cash flow positive again. I've been gradually unloading my call options and after the X excitement dies down I'll be sticking to holding stock and selling covered calls for a while.

I know there are some short-term bulls here, but is there a particular reason to think TSLA will be going up in October - December? There won't be any big news, and there will be uncertainty about the Model X ramp and when Tesla will be cash flow positive again. I've been gradually unloading my call options and after the X excitement dies down I'll be sticking to holding stock and selling covered calls for a while.

Update to Powerwall and first deliveries of it.

I know there are some short-term bulls here, but is there a particular reason to think TSLA will be going up in October - December? There won't be any big news, and there will be uncertainty about the Model X ramp and when Tesla will be cash flow positive again.

The first three months the MX is available to the public will most-likely be followed by great reviews, since most outside of the Tesla community aren't really aware of how great of a car it is. I'm optimistic Tesla will beat delivery guidance for Q3 and the 50K yearly guidance. There will be much more hype around the Model 3 reveal in March and Gigafactory opening in April as the time approaches. Also, a lot of good news that comes out about Tesla is unexpected and can't be predicted months in advance. I can see TSLA's stock much higher than today's levels after the Gigafactory opening, which will eliminate a ton of doubt. Of course, I'm not sure if you would consider this time horizon "short-term."

I need somebody to report about how Electric cars less than 2 years ago were supposed to go extinct because they didn't make any sense, they were vaporware. Now you have the biggest company in the world (depending on the day) decide they want to make EV's. Can somebody report on that? No, because people either hate or love Musk (and his companies).

Also, does anybody know what Tim Cook drives? Apparently a Porsche from Googling. I know Steve Jobs used to drive a SL55 AMG and that was his main car. Anyway, short term... enjoy capitalizing on this mini dip. Long termers this is a huge signal to buy in.

Here's what I think is an important quote from the MacRumor.com piece. Essentially, if all Apple did this past year was validation of the idea, then they have a 3-4 year full development cycle to go through before they have a production-ready car to show: 1-1.5 years of design, 1-1.5 years of reliability testing and 1-1.5 years of manufacturing tooling and refinement. Here's my read: (1) this is a major (probably the most important so far) validation of the viability and potential size of the EV market and (2) even against someone with the ultimate combination of bankroll, design talent, software know how, hardware manufacturing expertise and vendor management experience like Apple, Tesla's head start is at least 3-4 years, and that is not even considering the huge advantage it will have in the battery supply chain once the gigafactory is in full production.

"The Wall Street Journal warns that Apple's 2019 target date might not be the date in which Apple will actually ship the car, instead suggesting it could point towards the date that engineers confirm the main features of the product. It's also possible that given the scope of the project there could be delays, with "people familiar with the project" expressing skepticism that 2019 is a reasonable target date. "

Let's assume for a minute apple IS launching their car in 2019. Will it complete in Teslas space (i.e. Full and mid sized Luxury performance)? I highly doubt it... Other traditional ice manufacturers are more threatened. For example, every single Prius owner will want the apple car. Generally, I think apple will make a green car for people who hate cars in general.

bottom line, Apple entering the car space isn't necessarily bad for tesla.

Status
Not open for further replies.