Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2015

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Breaking: Last night Porsche stopped US sales of model Cayenne with diesel ICE as they are part of the bigger exhaust fraud as well (link).
This is really bad press for Porsche as a brand and could generate some additional sales for Tesla as customers decide to go without emissions.

The head of Porsche is the new ceo of VW, what exquisite selectivity, this is the guy who
showed us a future Porsche EV that he mentioned would kill tesla days before the scandal
Broke out. Chicanery in display at its best.

Last edited:
It might be a bit premature to add Ubers mkt cap to your Tesla valuation model based speculation about some mobility service down the line. I'm pretty Tesla hasn't even finished the dough yet as the whole thing while take a while before being possible and they have clearly had their hands full with the Model X and all.

First analyst rating is in - Stifel Nicolaus reaffirms $400 target. No surprise there. TSLA reiterated, target $400 | FlashRatings

- - - Updated - - -

Baird is still neutral - they think that Model X issues may mean that Tesla does not reach low-end 17,000 guidance for Q4! They seem to have missed that the low end of guidance depends on Model S rather than X... http://www.streetinsider.com/dr/news.php?id=11033575

Hopefully we will see some upgrades and notes from analysts. I'm sure we will

i was super pissed to see a note yesterday from Stifel come across my news feed saying that tesla's results would likely be disappointing. Why the heck would a firm need to say anything on the day of the earnings call? Just let the call happen. Apparently, they had no better info than anyone else (and why would they?)

Breaking: Last night Porsche stopped US sales of model Cayenne with diesel ICE as they are part of the bigger exhaust fraud as well (link).
This is really bad press for Porsche as a brand and could generate some additional sales for Tesla as customers decide to go without emissions.

So here we have CEOs who apparently have little idea (or at least claim to do so) about widespread engineering fraud in their companies which must directly imply lack of technical knowledge (if malice is to be ruled out) compared to one who talks about manual vs automated grease injection into motors.

It blows my mind that no one EVER presents what a monumental accomplishment this company has achieved without ANY traditional advertising. Name any large cap company who provides products or services to the public in the last 100 years who can boast $0-$30M market cap within 9 years and no formal advertising.

I asked my 43 year old sister yesterday if she knew the Model S launched AutoPilot. Of course she replied, "No, what's that?"

It's just a matter of time, period. This company will skyrocket beyond all expectations with the Model 3.

Off the charts.

Google's customer is not the user, so I'm not sure it counts.

In fact, you could argue that Google achieved its market cap exclusively due to advertising.

I missed that the OP said "to the public". You are right, that's debatable. Though, Google didn't do any kind of traditional advertising to its actual customers either. There weren't commercials on CNBC about how you should serve your ads for your business through Google.

End tangent.

Analysts across the board don't seem particularly impressed, with a lot of commentary on the risk remaining in the X ramp. I haven't seen any price target increases from the big-name firms.

Tesla Motors, Inc. (NASDAQ:TSLA) - UBS Still Selling Tesla | Benzinga
UBS analyst Colin Langan maintained a Sell rating on the company, with a price target of $190.
While the company’s Q4 delivery guidance appears aggressive, the margin guidance is disappointing, Langan stated.
The company’s gross margin contracted in Q3 by 430bps, probably due to the $8,000 year-over-year decline in Model S pricing. Since Model X deliveries commence with the $132,000 signature version, expectations were for mix to result in margin expansion. Tesla has, however, projected sequential margin contraction.
In the report UBS noted, “Margins are expected to improve as the Model X ramps, though production mix will be an underlying headwind as the next versions will be lower priced. We also question TSLA's long-term forecasted demand for Model S & X (both at 100k/year) given the comparable BMW 7-Series sells about 65k/year.”
The EPS estimates for 2015, 2016 and 2017 have been reduced from -$0.70 to -$1.10, from $2 to $1.50, and from $1 to $0.75, respectively, to reflect lower auto margins.

I've been dedicated long since 2012. I enjoy reading this thread but I have seen the doom and gloom so many times, over and over, and then TSLA comes back. Based on the doom and gloom on thsi thread I bought 500 more shares within the last week. Glad i did!

Status
Not open for further replies.