Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2015

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That they need inventory sales to make the Q4 number. I'm doing my part. Just bought a white inventory 70D for the wife in addition to my 3 year old S60. Should be here on Monday.

Or the Q4 number is in the bag and selling the inventory will be in addition to the 52k most recent guidance. My WAG is as good as anyone's.

As for the battery cycle comparison, I'm assuming a 2kw battery would need to cycle more
often than a 7kw battery. Would it be better to compare total energy stored and discharged over the life of the battery rather than the number of cycles since this is where the $ is made? If this is the case then the claimed cycling advantage would be significantly less no? I'll let the experts chime in on that theory.

Looks like Tesla is dumping inventory. I've never seen so many inventory cars for sale before.

It looks like they've adjusted their messaging a little bit. Instead of "Pre-owned", it is now "Buy today" or "Order a custom Model S"

Buy new or order custom Model S.JPG

Would only increase Service and Other revenue. Definitely does not count as an new sale for delivery guidance.
CPO: yes. Showroom and loaners will be counted as new though.

- - - Updated - - -

I thought inventory counts as a new sale? I'm definitely getting the tax rebate.
If it's showroom- or loaner-inventory then it's new sale. If it's preowned, then not.

I haven't checked the "Buy a Model S Today" section for a couple days now so I don't know when this went live, but for the first time ever you can actually filter to review only NEW cars. Meaning, demonstrators that have not been sold to retail customers yet. This is effectively Tesla's new car inventory. These are not zero mile cars but will count towards the NEW sales volume when sold.

Okay ya'll, you're giving me a complex that my posts aren't being read.

Just kidding.

This is a very smart move to overcome the end of the year sales hurdle that some feel doesn't exist. Tesla will turn the tables on the old guard to be sure, but for now they must submit to selling a one year old car with a few miles for less. Works for almost everyone! I would have gone that route but my options were very specific since it is my intention to keep the car a very long time. Severely regret selling my 2013 P85+.

Cheers,

For reference, that puts it at: $3826.55.

So from the article:

So we have roughly the same price point, but missing 5kWh of batteries. Look at me... I'm shaking in my boots over this "devastating blow" to Tesla. :rolleyes:

But as you point out, they will very likely sell out on their product just as much as Tesla since there is such a large demand and not near enough supply to satisfy the market. So for now everyone is likely to make money! We will see how things pan out longer term though. If competition can't bring down their prices then eventually Tesla will start to encroach on their market share.

BTW, I absolutely want a lot of competition in the stationary storage market. We really need terawatts of batteries to get into the grid and behind-the-meter to knock fossil fuels out of the electricity market. Electricity production is actually a bigger GHG contributor than transport. So we need lots of battery competition to clean up electricity production.

Status
Not open for further replies.