Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2015

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, Debbie, your expectations are way out of line. You don't deserve good things to happen to you or your stock. You should be depressed, discouraged and dreading further decline. In no way should you be happy, hopeful or optimistic about yourself or your choice of investments. Bad things happen to you. They always do. So why should you expect any better this time?

There. Is that what you needed? Anytime, or just call your mom. ;)

PS. That was extreme sarcasm meant for your own good.

- - - Updated - - -

Actually, what I want to say is, enjoy feeling hopeful and optimistic. And know that things will not always be like this. Just as hope and optimism come to an end, so doubt and pessimism will come to an end too. It is all a ride. So enjoy the ride.

I don't do this with any stock, but with Tesla I'm normally 90% in during times of uncertainty. The other 10% is set aside for a dip or to buy puts, like the previous quarter. Then there are quarters where I just don't give a damn what Debbie thinks. No hedge, no puts, 100% in; this is one of those quarters. I'm not here for the short term I'm in it for the long haul. So if it dips, I wait for my paycheck and buy more. Good luck to all.

yes, I am definitely in a Debbie downer mood with this stock...I'm a long term stock holder now for the past year or so though (except for some 2016 and 2017 LEAPs)...I hope I'm wrong, but every quarter I see this excitement build up around here and I usually am part of it, but I've learned my lesson that it could be a long time before the market is pleasantly surprised enough from earnings to move the share price up more than a few percent...maybe by the end of the year or early next year once the X ramps up too

I'm incapable of being as pessamistic and depressing as maoing is. What's the saying, "can't put a price on happiness"? Tsla could go to zero and I would still be more optimistic than that. After all, it's just money, they print plenty of it.

The lack of big, fast, and easy gains has a lot to do with pessimism in the short term threads IMO. The level of excitement and insane number of posts here in late Spring 2013 and again in Spring 2014 mirrored the insane rise in stock price.

The time to buy in is when sentiment is down and uncertainty is high. Model X is something of a question mark. Model 3 and Gigafactory are a big question mark as far as bringing down battery prices.

Many people here bought TSLA shares prior to the Model S launch, when things were far more uncertain than they are now. Tesla has proven its ability as a boutique carmaker and I think most people, even detractors, would say the company's continued existence is no longer in doubt. The Big Question is whether Tesla can go from 10s of thousands to 100s of thousands of units shipped per year. I think that's the next possible 2013-like moment, and it may be a few years away. Edit: As always, I encourage people not to sweat the ups and downs in the absence of substantive news, and also not to invest what they cannot afford to lose. Model X is just around the corner, which should alleviate some of the boredom.

Last edited:
The lack of big, fast, and easy gains has a lot to do with pessimism in the short term threads IMO. The level of excitement and insane number of posts here in late Spring 2013 and again in Spring 2014 mirrored the insane rise in stock price.

Big fast and easy gains are quite rare and exceptional. Without China missteps sp could have been a bit higher, but I think the current level is not bad as well.

The time to buy in is when sentiment is down and uncertainty is high. Model X is something of a question mark. Model 3 and Gigafactory are a big question mark as far as bringing down battery prices.

Many people here bought TSLA shares prior to the Model S launch, when things were far more uncertain than they are now. Tesla has proven its ability as a boutique carmaker and I think most people, even detractors, would say the company's continued existence is no longer in doubt.

Agree, Tesla has much better chance of survival as it laid out a lot of infrastructure in favourable macroeconomic conditions. If these conditions change, Model 3 needs to be ready as sales of expensive models might drop.

Last edited by a moderator:
"Tesla Motors (NASDAQ: TSLA) delivered 10,030 cars in Q1 of 2015, which is a new company record for the most deliveries in a quarter and represents a 55% increase over Q1 last year."

Seriously? Elon is that you?

I... I... Wow is all I can say guys. Thank you Elon, in case you or anyone at Tesla happened to pay attention to we humble TMC investors. This is a boon to shareholders like us who fight tirelessly to dispel the relentless fearmongering in the media.

Well done indeed!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.