Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2016

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes. I am going to be buying stock again today ( have sold much but not bought any over last 6 months). Not suggesting anyone else do that but I was waiting for $180. I will DCA back in with some low to mid 170 orders.

The antidote to falling prices is an accelerating model X ramp . Just my view.

I want to believe this is true, if it is then great. However I do think the market is worried about Tesla's ability to raise money to continue on its growth trajectory if market conditions worsen further from here. That worry, I argue, has contributed not insubstantially to the recent price action. (Seemingly) poor X execution has certainly played its role too.

I want to believe this is true, if it is then great. However I do think the market is worried about Tesla's ability to raise money to continue on its growth trajectory if market conditions worsen further from here. That worry, I argue, has contributed not insubstantially to the recent price action. (Seemingly) poor X execution has certainly played its role too.

Ramp leads to sales deliveries which In turn bring in the money. Very elementary, and not yet visible apparently.
Show me the money ......!!!!!!!

Never thought $171.51 would hit today bought shares for the long vision. Thank you to all the analysis. Had been on the sidelines since $250 (September last year) seems like today is the right moment to jump back in.

Dougherty (Andrea James) just reiterated ! Go Andrea. Thank YOU

http://www.streetinsider.com/Analyst+Comments/Tesla+(TSLA)+Could+Pop+On+Earning+-+Dougherty+%26+Co./10994014.html

TSLA 5.79% shares have plunged 27 percent since January 4. Dougherty & Co’s Andrea James maintained a Buy rating for the company, with a price target of $355. Tesla could “set a positive tone” for its full-year performance, and 2016 profitability could be a catalyst for its stock, James stated.

Read more: Tesla Motors, Inc. (NASDAQ:TSLA) - Dougherty & Co Defends Tesla, Sees 92% Upside From Here | Benzinga

TSLA has never since its IPO broken a prior pivot low on the monthly chart. It just did. Chart is broken technically, stops are being triggered today. There are two situations when a stock is "oversold", one when it is about to bounce, and the other when it is breaking down. When a stock is breaking down, it will be "oversold" all the way down. So be careful.

http://www.streetinsider.com/Analyst+Comments/Tesla+(TSLA)+Could+Pop+On+Earning+-+Dougherty+%26+Co./10994014.html

"Andrea James from Dougherty and Company believes expectations are too low for Tesla (NASDAQ: TSLA) and that the upcoming earnings report could actually be a catalyst for the stock if volume reductions are tame. Her price target of $355 implies the stock could fly in the coming months as the company returns to profitability."

wow...what a joke..and These are all analysts. On one end the Pessimist one with $165 on the other Hand the Optimist with $355.
They are just funny.

This downturn is a fantastic buying opportunity. I just invested in a lot more TSLA. At today's price it's a bargain. I started buying a few years ago, though long after it broke $100. I plan on holding on to it for many years. The real potential for Tesla profits is in the Tesla Energy business. A decade from now, Tesla vehicles will be a thriving but minority part of the company. Trying to make rapid short term profits is, on balance, a losing proposition. The recent drop is driven by herd psychology, not rational analysis.

Wow, the wheels have really fallen off! I have never seen a stock rocket $60 upward so I think no matter what the conference call brings we're not getting back to $225 anytime soon. No word from Elon to help the free fall makes me nervous. If X deliveries are so fabulous why the delay in reporting them? Yes, he exercised options recently to show his support but CEO's always do that when it's on the way down... And he's killing the market with the Model 3 comments. If he can't show the "whole car" and start the positive momentum fast... the dorky Bolt is going to blow a hole in Tesla business plan. I'm long but the company is letting the shareholders down.

Status
Not open for further replies.