Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

hockeythug

Jun 3, 2013
Minnesota
Remember the Q1 call where he talked about making some big leadership announcements in the near future...

Starting to get a queasy stomach thinking about Elon stepping down...

Like a new VP of manufacturing?

People really think he is going to step down before all the tranches for his executive comp are complete?

• Helpful
Reactions: dha

Seesaw

Nov 9, 2013
Whilst I personally think Tesla would be better off having Elon focusing 100% of his time in product development, I suspect markets wouldn't react kindly.

Jul 21, 2015
Ft. Lauderdale, FL
The annual meeting is not the time to release bad news. It will not happen. This is a "look how far we've come" speech.

Exactly. They are basically saying "if we overcame all of these obstacles, the future shouldn't be that difficult in comparison." At the same time they're countering the bear argument that people constantly shuffle through important positions by featuring employees who've been with the company from the beginning.

Elon wouldn't step down right before the final stage of the "master plan" begins.. not his style.

everman

Aug 7, 2013
Colorado Springs
Like a new VP of manufacturing?

People really think he is going to step down before all the tranches for his executive comp are complete?

You're right, and the logical brain knows this. Just the irrational brain kicking in momentarily...

I think you're right, some announcements of some manufacturing heavyweights going to join the team.

tinm

2020 Model S LR+ Owner
May 3, 2015
New Mexico, USA
This is TMC CONNECT content, not a shareholder's meeting content. If I were there I'd be squirming in those uncomfortable chairs. I mean I love the history lesson and chit chat but Elon's being insensitive to the audience. It's also becoming clear that they really don't look forward to the Q&A. I don't blame 'em :)

mrdoubleb

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Jul 2, 2013
Budapest, Hungary
I don't know about you guys, but i could watch this for hours... sleep is overrated. Seriously though, i like how relaxed they are, Elon looks rested, not super stressed, i think things are on track.

Whoever said a few posts earlier they are now answering all the FUD of the past weeks with this, you were right.

Gerasimental

Dec 10, 2014
EU
This is TMC CONNECT content, not a shareholder's meeting content. If I were there I'd be squirming in those uncomfortable chairs. I mean I love the history lesson and chit chat but Elon's being insensitive to the audience. It's also becoming clear that they really don't look forward to the Q&A. I don't blame 'em :)

They did say they'd take as much time as needed for the questions. They also agreed to take questions directly from TMC. What makes you think that after that they will try to dodge the question?

hockeythug

Jun 3, 2013
Minnesota
I don't know about you guys, but i could watch this for hours... sleep is overrated. Seriously though, i like how relaxed they are, Elon looks rested, not super stressed, i think things are on track.

Whoever said a few posts earlier they are now answering all the FUD of the past weeks with this, you were right.

Agreed. This is great stuff.

30seconds

Feb 28, 2013
SF
Since they are doing this at the Computer History Museum it does make a certain kind of sense to do a review of the history

will be interesting when they get to the X

Last edited:
Reactions: madodel
Status
Not open for further replies.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC