Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2016

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Google Trends for "tesla model 3" for the last 24 hours

1.png

2.png

3.png

Has anyone noticed any funny business going on with reservations they put in the store? I reserved 2 on my dad's name and 1 on mine. However, something's wrong and one of our account shows 2 reservations while the other shows 4, and our credit cards got charged for $2K a piece.... Makes me feel like some funny business is going on in that 150K number they put up last night.

So what fraction of Model 3 reservation holders will be first time Tesla buyers? The interest signaled here will easily multiply brand awareness, Tesla store foot traffic, Tesla.com traffic, test drives of Models S and X, and ultimately sales of Model S and X. There is a big boost of interest in all things Tesla.

Look, if you seriously intend to buy a Model 3 for $50k in two years, you can probably stretch to buy a Model S for $70k today. You can potentially trade it in when the Model 3 comes or just add the Model 3 as a second car. Lots of families will discover that they are much closer to a Model S now than they may have allowed themselves to dream before. The ranks of Model S owners are full of people that never imagined they would want to spend so much money on a car before. Then they looked more closely at the Model S and started to realize that is was not so far beyond their reach as the had imagined, and it really was worth every penny. So I am confident that many Model 3 reservation holders will warm up to the Model S, and they will stretch just like so many Model S owners who came before them.

Symbiosis, not cannibalism: Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2016

This 150K is from last night:

Tesla Model 3 preorders surge past the 150,000 mark

Won't be surprised if we are past 200K by now

TechCrunch said the counter was at 110,000 when Elon took the stage and at 150,000 40 minutes later when they turned off the counter. That would be 40,000 reservations in 40 minutes or 1,000 per minute. Not sure how long this rate continued but at anywhere near this rate, we could already be well over 200,000.

Reactions: Lessmog
Has anyone noticed any funny business going on with reservations they put in the store? I reserved 2 on my dad's name and 1 on mine. However, something's wrong and one of our account shows 2 reservations while the other shows 4, and our credit cards got charged for $2K a piece.... Makes me feel like some funny business is going on in that 150K number they put up last night.
This happened to a lot of Norwegian people too... Read it on Norwegian ev-forum elbilforum.no

Reactions: Dr ValueSeeker
Status
Not open for further replies.