Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2016

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i would add phase 2 of the model 3 reveal (although it could be 2H 2017), which per my post here in the "cards close to the chest' thread i'm increasingly convinced will be the announcement that all model 3 cars will have all of the hardware required for fully autonomous driving, as well as the announcement of tesla's shared mobility platform that will be available once regulatory approvals for fully autonomous vehicles are in place. maybe i'm dreaming, but i think it fits with the context of his recent tweets about phase 2.

surfside
I think phase 2 of the model 3 reveal would be the SUV version of the model 3.

Reactions: SW2Fiddler
Thanks for posting the article.

That's undoubtedly just the start of offers to practically give away factory sites to Tesla in order to create jobs. Wall Street bankers will soon be crawling over each other to provide favorable financing. Look for state legislators currently beholden to franchised dealerships to start reconsidering their positions.

The queues at Tesla stores on Thursday are awakening governments, bankers, analysts, car buyers and investors. As the old saying goes, "Build a better mousetrap, and the world will beat a path to your door."

Important point to reiterate. Selling equities, issuing bonds and soliciting bank debt is NOT the only possible source of funding for CapEx going forwards - far from it.

National governments and offers of corporate partnership, JVs and so on - even philathrpoic mega donations are highly likely to throw themselves at Tesla to pick and choose from.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: BobSk and colettimj
i would add phase 2 of the model 3 reveal (although it could be 2H 2017), which per my post here in the "cards close to the chest' thread i'm increasingly convinced will be the announcement that all model 3 cars will have all of the hardware required for fully autonomous driving, as well as the announcement of tesla's shared mobility platform that will be available once regulatory approvals for fully autonomous vehicles are in place. maybe i'm dreaming, but i think it fits with the context of his recent tweets about phase 2.

surfside
Yeah I agree that's going to be the big coup de grace with the model 3, might be the first production fully autonomous car, but wasn't sure if it will be like 90% or 100% done by then. Wonder if they will end up doing it in the S and X first or do all three at the same time?

Last edited:
Wasn't there a gm or ford factory in germany that was shutting down several years ago? (not sure who's factory it was)
I'm from Belgium, home of a lot of closed car factories. Over the last few years, both Ford and Opel (GM) have closed a giant factory. When Elon visited Belgium last year, our politicians begged him to choose those sites for the next Tesla factories, in front of tv cameras. I'm pretty sure our government is willing to give a couple of billion euros in support of this, only a few weeks ago they gave Audi a couple of hundred million incentive for keeping their factory operational for the new electric Q6.

Yeah I agree that's going to be the big coup de grace with the model 3, might be the first production fully autonomous car, but wasn't sure if it will be like 90% or 100% done by then. Wonder if they will end up doing it in the S and X first or do all three at the same time?
i think they will definitely put the hardware in both the model S and X first (and sooner than many might think); the big surprise to all is going to be that model 3 will have it as well, and the potential shared mobility implications.

surfside

I'm from Belgium, home of a lot of closed car factories. Over the last few years, both Ford and Opel (GM) have closed a giant factory. When Elon visited Belgium last year, our politicians begged him to choose those sites for the next Tesla factories, in front of tv cameras. I'm pretty sure our government is willing to give a couple of billion euros in support of this, only a few weeks ago they gave Audi a couple of hundred million incentive for keeping their factory operational for the new electric Q6.

As an addendum to my post, here (Ruim 140 miljoen euro om Audi te verleiden) is the article (in dutch), calculating that Audi got 140M euro advantages for the production of the q6.

• Informative
Reactions: StephenM and Wenche
Look at this! Musk just commented on the high short interest! Wow.
Anyone remember early 2013 and Musk comments on the short interest? We all know how that unraveled.....

Elon Musk on Twitter

@elonmusk what would you say to someone who is shorting your stock? $tsla

Elon Musk: @Brianmrtz probably unwise

Earlier he even invoked the "Stormy over Shortsville" line from the 2013 short squeeze which I think is what permanently broke something vital in Mark Spiegel aka Logical Thought's mind.

So Elon wants a short squeeze. In that case I expect he will get one.

Ok so for an EU factory we have an offer of one ex nuclear site from France and one entire country. Any cash sweeteners yet?

Champs de elysee site, 0 % interest rate loan, 10 years no taxes,
That is serious, and it will dethron German industry, a coveted French thing,
Let the bidding start

Last edited:
When Elon wants some freshly squeezed short juice he usually gets it. It could also signal a pending capital raise by one mechanism or the other (likely IMO non-dilutive).

Look for the next bullish signal: Elon changing his Twitter profile picture. Perhaps Elon holding a cat playing the violin? That would be bullish.
eloncat.jpg

View attachment 170837 Fessenheim is 620 km from Tilburg. (As you can see it takes 34 hours by bike :) )

Good central EU location and as Musk has remarked Alsace/Elsas-Lothringen is basically as close to Germany you can get while still in France. (Fessenheim doesn't strike me as primarily a French sounding place).

Look at how Musk masterfully played states vs. states with the GF. He is going to do the same with EU countries. France, Germany primarily, maybe the Netherlands will get in the bidding. Outliers are Slovenia (discussed previously), maybe Slovakia. Less so the Chezch republic (Skoda would mind).

Factory in EU announced in 2016, the odds are very good.

Now let's revisit China, what are you offering us? Sweeten the deal, otherwise we're going to India where the population is just as high.

Status
Not open for further replies.