Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2016

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You guys over at IB....what rate have they been paying you lately? If they're lending the shares out at 80%, what cut are you getting?
IB is currently at 79%. They pay their clients half of that.
They did not lend out a single of my TSLA shares since August 17th, while they did before.
It's counter-intuitive that in a time when the lending fees are huge and the supply is supposed to be scarce they are not lending out any of my shares...
Anyone else holds TSLA with IB? Did IB lend out your shares?

• Informative
Reactions: Gerardf
IB is currently at 79%. They pay their clients half of that.
They did not lend out a single of my TSLA shares since August 17th, while they did before.
It's counter-intuitive that in a time when the lending fees are huge and the supply is supposed to be scarce they are not lending out any of my shares...
Anyone else holds TSLA with IB? Did IB lend out your shares?
That's crazy. Why on earth would they not borrow your shares when the market is so tight for them?

exactly. It doesn't make sense...that's why I would be interested to know if other IB clients experienced the same. And if there is some reason behind, that's connected with the issue of the recalls...

I hold some $SCTY at IB that they've never touched (lent out) either (my $TSLA holdings are at a different brokerage).

I'm relatively new to IB so I'm assuming I might be low man on the totem pole for lending shares though...

"here is the long legged monthly hammer" -- sounds like a girl I used to know.

Fidelity runs this stock. since you're looking at the 5 year chart... take a look at the weekly and draw a line from the top of Dec 2012 touching the bottom of the Nov 2013 candlestick... now look to the right and notice all the touch points in the last year. That's right around the time Fidelity jumped into TSLA and I believe this is their handy work.

they made 600% in 2013... dumped 50%... bought back in and have since made 100% not including the hundreds of millions off short interest...

the only reason why anyone believes this stock is worth $200 today is because Fidelity. the only reason why Tesla still exists is because Fidelity. Tesla would have gone BK many times over without the stock shooting up as high as it has.

and it just so happens that Fidelity is also the #1 shareholder of SCTY. but we just watched SCTY take a nearly 40% drop in a month with an offer on the table much higher.

If Fidelity's SCTY holdings are reported and it shows they dumped SCTY... then this may be a sign that Fidelity is exiting "Elon".
How do dislike twice. I tried to undo and dislike but didn't work.

This is pure nonsense.

Re: IB --

I'm earning money from lending TSLA / SCTY; lending about 80-95% of my shares on a given day. It did take a week or so for it to start and note that the lending accruals is paid out monthly.

To see: Account --> Statement Viewer (Web page opens) --> Activity Statements (Run Report); look at 'IB Managed Securities Lent Fee Details' and 'Interest Accruals'. You might want to contact IB if you don't see anything...

the only reason why anyone believes this stock is worth $200 today is because Fidelity. the only reason why Tesla still exists is because Fidelity. Tesla would have gone BK many times over without the stock shooting up as high as it has.
That's a ridiculous statement. The stock price has nothing to do with the company books. It could be trading at 1 cent and still be a profitable company with no possibility of bankruptcy (although buyers would jump in and move the stock price higher). Conversely, a company (Worldcom) could have a huge market cap and still file for bankruptcy.

Re: IB --

I'm earning money from lending TSLA / SCTY; lending about 80-95% of my shares on a given day. It did take a week or so for it to start and note that the lending accruals is paid out monthly.

To see: Account --> Statement Viewer (Web page opens) --> Activity Statements (Run Report); look at 'IB Managed Securities Lent Fee Details' and 'Interest Accruals'. You might want to contact IB if you don't see anything...

Thanks man - I feel like an idiot - they have been lending my SCTY shares out... regularly.

Good. :)

Reactions: neroden
If you look at today's trading, we see about 5,000 TSLA shares traded per minute. If the 150,000 short shares from IB disappear this morning, you would assume the trading would turn more positive once that selling is completed. I've been expecting short selling this morning to test the response from the longs. If you assume that most of the selling this morning is by shorts, that gives them about 30 minutes of selling, spread out however they wish. We don't know total number of short shares available today, but the depletion of IB's shares during the morning trading would be of consequence to timing if you plan to buy today.

Downward spikes with partial immediate recovery thereafter is a hallmark of short-selling taking place.

You get half.
Today (now) at IB:
TSLA 79,61%, 150k available
SCTY 38,27%, 32k available

I looked into my account's Lent Fee Details, and see that they there are considering the MARKET FEE RATE TO ONLY 22%, (while stating 50%-108% on internet) and I get half of that i.e. 11%. I don't know why there are different rates on their Trade platform. What rate do others see in their Account activity statements?

Status
Not open for further replies.