Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2016

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I looked into my account's Lent Fee Details, and see that they there are considering the MARKET FEE RATE TO ONLY 22%, (while stating 50%-108% on internet) and I get half of that i.e. 11%. I don't know why there are different rates on their Trade platform. What rate do others see in their Account activity statements?

I see the same as you -- highest rate this month was 9/25 at 22.05% (11.03% to me)

Any news there today? How come this thing is down so big?

Shorts are selling into new positions this morning. They are also testing the longs to see if they can induce some fear, which would lead to selling by longs. The good news is that there are plenty of longs planning to buy in this week and when the stock stops dropping, the buying begins. The only question is what time or what date does the buying begin? Most longs will want to load up prior to close on Friday. Fortunately, we're relatively close to Friday now, compared to the mischief that could take place if the record date had occurred on Sep 19 instead of Sep 23.

The down macro market is supporting the short selling, but we saw yesterday that TSLA can defy the broader market this week if the stock is on an upward march.

Edit: Nice bounce off 205

Last edited:
If you look at AMZN essentially doubled from it's mid-Feb lows, you have to admit investing in Tesla is completely mistaken.
Shorts are selling into new positions this morning. They are also testing the longs to see if they can induce some fear, which would lead to selling by longs. The good news is that there are plenty of longs planning to buy in this week and when the stock stops dropping, the buying begins. The only question is what time or what date does the buying begin? Most longs will want to load up prior to close on Friday. Fortunately, we're relatively close to Friday now, compared to the mischief that could take place if the record date had occurred on Sep 19 instead of Sep 23.

The down macro market is supporting the short selling, but we saw yesterday that TSLA can defy the broader market this week if the stock is on an upward march.

Edit: Nice bounce off 205

Is it possible someone already knows Q3 delivery numbers are not good and starts selling? The volume is not on the low end (1.6M already), which caused me thinking maybe this one will be down further after reporting Q3. If that is the case, this stock play is essentially over till M3 deliveries start.

IB: still 79%, but now 197K shares available to short...

Thanks much SuryaDham, Looks like additional shares coming available today. Still, I would think short sellers aren't seeing the desired effects of a morning selling spree. If TSLA could recover somewhat today without the available short shares being used, that would be a positive event for longs, because it would signal that the limiting factor for shorts is no longer the availability of shares, but rather the perception of likelihood of making money by shorting this week.

Reactions: stealthology
Status
Not open for further replies.