Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2016

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
He did. I think the reason is solar incentives being included, which brings the pricing down below a non-solar roof. Price of installation is big for both and if one has incentives, it's a huge advantage for Tesla roof
I might have thought this at first too, but it turns out not to be the case: Musk just commented that incentives don't matter if the solar roof is cheaper anyway, so presumably it is cheaper before incentives!

Yeah, because if solar roofs are cheaper than a "regular" roof then solar roofs will become the regular roof...It's like how New England calls manual transmissions "standard" even though now days in the US automatic transmission is standard.

I said this because I want clarification on what is a regular roof to him. I would be thrilled for it to match the cost of an asphalt roof but I find that unlikely.

• Informative
Reactions: Jonathan Hewitt
Model 3 Part 3, likely.

I wish he would specify that asphalt shingle is the "normal" roof to which he refers price parity with.
That would be nice, but I assume it's the ceramic tile roof to which it's being compared. If the it's the asphalt shingle, then it would really be a no brainer for anyone, and not just the high end user.

Status
Not open for further replies.