Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short Venting Session

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Love my 90D - don't get me wrong. What has me upset is that apparently all non-P models have identical acceleration to mine now (except the 100). Frankly, I don't need the 300 miles of range and I could have save 10's of thousands of dollars by purchasing a smaller range. I am a "car guy" and I wanted the superior acceleration of the 90 over the other two models which is why I stepped up to a more expensive purchase. That apparently is gone now and it appears that the 100 in fact has better acceleration numbers over the 90. What gives? Shouldn't the 90 accelerate as fast as the 100? Does anyone else care?

well, it's likely that they discovered (time proved) that those smaller packs don't mind outputting more. so they opened up.
your car may be limited by other factors, so it's not necessarily a thing they can "give" to all users.

The good thing, is they are giving improvements for free, that's a cool thing, now we , the 90-pack owners, may hope for some goodies sometime as well.

Love my 90D - don't get me wrong. What has me upset is that apparently all non-P models have identical acceleration to mine now (except the 100). Frankly, I don't need the 300 miles of range and I could have save 10's of thousands of dollars by purchasing a smaller range. I am a "car guy" and I wanted the superior acceleration of the 90 over the other two models which is why I stepped up to a more expensive purchase. That apparently is gone now and it appears that the 100 in fact has better acceleration numbers over the 90. What gives? Shouldn't the 90 accelerate as fast as the 100? Does anyone else care?
I'm humiliated that your 90D is faster than my old P85 even though you didn't pay for the P (just kidding)