Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Shot forward when parked [unintended acceleration - resolved by OP]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi Carole! Welcome to TMC. I’m fashionably late to the party but just wanted to say welcome, and thank you. Even with the unfortunate damage done, this has been a great thread to read. Your enthusiasm and willingness to better understand the car is super, super refreshing.

Makes me jealous a little, actually, for the days when I had lots and lots to learn. I still learn something new every day, it’s just not nearly as much as it once was.

I’m just so happy that this wasn’t someone who dropped a note in here and then ran away, but someone who wants to be part of this great community. So thank you for that!

You’ll find the knowledge here at TMC second to none. Occasionally grumpy, occasionally sarcastic but definitely a knowledgeable bunch. That’s what keeps me here.

So again, terribly sorry about the damage but thankfully your grandson was OK (and will forget the entire episode shortly) and YOU are OK. That’s most important! The rest are just battle scars from the quest for knowledge. :)
Yes, I agree, the knowledge here seems to be second to none. It’s really excellent to have somewhere I can ask questions if I’m puzzled. My daughter and I did some tests yesterday in the car, moving and parked, and she said at the end ‘mum, I just LOVE this car!’ She‘s forgiven me for the accident with her son.

Also, you’re right. I obviously am just at the beginning of a huge learning curve. I don’t mind that at all. Actually, I can’t wait!

Yes, I agree, the knowledge here seems to be second to none. It’s really excellent to have somewhere I can ask questions if I’m puzzled. My daughter and I did some tests yesterday in the car, moving and parked, and she said at the end ‘mum, I just LOVE this car!’ She‘s forgiven me for the accident with her son.

Also, you’re right. I obviously am just at the beginning of a huge learning curve. I don’t mind that at all. Actually, I can’t wait!

It's really a blast. Most fun (well, that I can discuss in polite company, anyway) I've ever had in a car!

One tip - join your local Tesla Owners Club. I've learned more from my local club than anywhere - I believe this would be your local club? Tesla Owners UK Home Page - Tesla Owners UK

Enjoy the car and any questions, really, just ask!

Reactions: android04
this information can all be downloaded from the computer. It will say exactly if the brake pedal was pressed, what percent the go pedal was pressed down, what lights were on, what "gear" the car was in if any....
Thank you. Love your dog! 😂❤️
this information can all be downloaded from the computer. It will say exactly if the brake pedal was pressed, what percent the go pedal was pressed down, what lights were on, what "gear" the car was in if any....
I've just been out for a drive with my friend who has a Model S and has driven Teslas for years. Unfortunately, he didn't know how to download this information from the computer, so I'm going to Tesla in Manchester UK tomorrow, to find out.

BUT! He did show me how to keep the stick pressed in long enough to bring up the red 'Park' symbol, and also to keep my foot on the brake slightly heavier and longer to put the car into an elected hold and bring up the 'Hold' symbol.

I have read the manual, but neither of those things stuck with me. I was just an accident waiting to happen. Feel much safer now.

Have joined Tesla Owners UK Home Page - Tesla Owners UK so will not be bothering you guys any more. Thank you so much for all your support. It's been excellent.

Reactions: KenC and CyberGus