Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Should Cruise Adjust With Speed Signs

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Whenever I have cruise control on and the speed limit changes it doesn't adjust the speed of the car to be 5 miles over what the speed limit sign says I always have to manually adjust it, should it do that or not? For example if I'm in a 55 zone and I set the cruise at 60 and it drops to 35 shouldn't the cruise drop to 40?
Thanks

It should do it and mine works flawlessly most of the time. But it's not foolproof and will continue zooming along through the speed zone at the faster speed if you don't check it. Why it does it most of the time and fails on some? I have not been able to discern that yet. Hopefully somebody else can chime in and shed some light on that.

Reactions: Therealm80
Whenever I have cruise control on and the speed limit changes it doesn't adjust the speed of the car to be 5 miles over what the speed limit sign says I always have to manually adjust it, should it do that or not? For example if I'm in a 55 zone and I set the cruise at 60 and it drops to 35 shouldn't the cruise drop to 40?
Thanks

If you are on a local road, that's the way it works.

But on Freeways and most divided highways, you are responsible for changing the "max" limit if the speed limit changes.