Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Should Elon start his own think tank?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
He seems to have s lot of "forward thinking" ideas like Hyperloop and Electric Jets, ect. Maybe he should create a "Stark Industries" company and set up something like Xerox did with PARC.

I could see a lot of interns from around the world being attracted to working in an environment like that. Elon could spin ideas out and see what breakthroughs occur.

Supercapacitors, Mars terraforming, all kinds of innovative ideas could be cooked up in his labs and classrooms. His scientists and engineers from his other companies could arrange guest lectures and classes.

Google has been doing this for years.

It would be inconsistent with his pattern so far, which is: build stuff. A think tank pumps out reports and ideas but doesn't build stuff. If you mean an R&D lab, if it accelerated his businesses building stuff, then maybe, but I suspect Elon isn't this type of entrepreneur. His companies *are* his laboratories and they're building plenty.

It would be inconsistent with his pattern so far, which is: build stuff. A think tank pumps out reports and ideas but doesn't build stuff. If you mean an R&D lab, if it accelerated his businesses building stuff, then maybe, but I suspect Elon isn't this type of entrepreneur. His companies *are* his laboratories and they're building plenty.

Yeah, mostly R&D I guess. He's got lots of good ideas but limited time to develop them. His friends at Google are developing all kinds of interesting things in their labs, why not dream and see what happens?