Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Should folding mirror be covered under original 4 year warranty?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I bought a 2019 Model X 100D from a third party. The passenger side mirror is faulty. When it folds, it will hit the passenger door's upper chrome trim. Made an appointment with Peabody Service Center, they want to charge me labor and parts in the south of 900 bucks.

Took it with me to talk to a service advisor on site. He agreed with me that there is no external force or the mirror being tempted with. He went as far as "the original owner should've taken care of it".

The root cause of it, is really the base of the mirror was misaligned with the door trim. The mirror is folding correctly, but because of the misalignment of the mirror base, the mirror hits the trim. The base is solid and the service advisor tried to "force" test the base, it won't move a bit.

The service advisor is saying "I will go bat for you but it is really up to the shop supervisor". I thanked him and left. The appointment is on 8/19. Tried to communicate through the app but got 0 replies.

Should the original 4-year factory warranty cover this? or it is just the Peabody shop playing power trip? I had similar but much smaller issue in the past with my model S where Peabody wanted to charge me but Watertown just took care of it without blinking an eye and without any charge.

I do plan to eat the charge and file a complaint with Attorney General's office afterward.

Any thoughts?

Last edited:
Here is the picture of the misalignment of the mirror base if I may call it the "base" as I have no clue what is should be called, lol

IMG_2608[1].JPG
IMG_2607[1].JPG