Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Should I Accept Delivery of Model X with Front Drive Unit Issue?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After waiting one year for the car, my delivery date for the Model X LR was set for this afternoon. I got a call from the service center 3 hours before saying an alert popped up for the front drive unit and that it will probably need to be replaced. When they say it has been replaced, would you feel comfortable accepting delivery for this car or would you ask for a different car?

Thanks, appreciate these replies. The service center just got back to me saying the software was over sensitive to certain things, and after they replaced the low voltage battery, reset the car, and did another road test, everything looks good and they see no issues with the front drive unit or any other parts or valves themselves. All seems a bit odd to me, and they also noted this is only the 3rd or 4th MX they’ve gotten at this service center.

Upvote 0
Thanks, appreciate these replies. The service center just got back to me saying the software was over sensitive to certain things, and after they replaced the low voltage battery, reset the car, and did another road test, everything looks good and they see no issues with the front drive unit or any other parts or valves themselves. All seems a bit odd to me, and they also noted this is only the 3rd or 4th MX they’ve gotten at this service center.
Hmm. Only 3rd or 4th Model X. A little concerning. The Model X is a unique vehicle. It looks like the S in some respects, but shares very few parts (< 30%). Elon was right when he called it a Faberge Egg. Beautiful, unique, and quirky.

Upvote 0