Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Should I accept this new Model X Plaid?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Plood

Plood, not Plaid?
Feb 12, 2022
Plano, TX
Just took delivery Monday December 26, after a 2-3 month wait, paying the current full price.

Concerns:
  1. Paint defects. Some chips around door edged, and a bad defect by the passenger door mirror (very visible. It's a 1/4" raised spot that might as well be a cornflake that got painted over. Very visible and unsuitable for the wrap my wife plans.
  2. Door and hatch alignment. Not sure how normal, but everything is a little impalanced, misaligned, or non-flush. To many details to boither listing, and none so mad they are a show-stopper.
  3. Car delivered with 16 miles (Plano TX service center). Did this do some demoing? That a long way to get on a truck and then off and into the parking lot. Or was this a rejected delivery by someone else.
  4. If this could be a rejected delivery, the VIN ends with 3763XX, does that seem out of sequence for late December new build?
  5. It's hard to contact anyone. We've texted the sales line (not person) and sent a message with a dummy service appointment, but haven't heard back. They say that have drop in Sunday visits for new purchasers, but it's unclear if that it operating New Years Day.
Thanks for any guidance.

They have an interesting strategy. Schedule for 4:30 delivery, tell you they're leaving at 5 so ask questions fast. And assure the buyer that it doesn't matter whether you find any defects there or later.

They have an interesting strategy. Schedule for 4:30 delivery, tell you they're leaving at 5 so ask questions fast. And assure the buyer that it doesn't matter whether you find any defects there or later.
Now that you have taken the car home, your options are limited:

1) Take pictures and book an appointment with Service Center for a free repair.
2) Litigation: Very slim chance since you already took the car home.

A standard car buyer reaction would be: I won't pay until I am sure what I am getting after a test drive and inspection. I can see now there's a paint defect! I won't pay until you fix it.

However, I just can't believe that consumers pay Tesla just by faith: Full Self Driving will work, and paint defects will not be there to be seen...

Consumers need to take back the power.

• Love
Reactions: AMPd and Plood
Your VIN is almost exactly the same as mine and I’m taking delivery tomorrow. So I think your VIN is good.

I’m in Dallas FYI - hi neighbor!

My wife and I actually went and found the car at a Tesla off site lot this afternoon over by the Lexus dealer.

And it was unlocked…

So we did a thorough top to bottom inspection to make sure it was good to go so we weren’t rushed tomorrow.

Ours also has the thin bezels on the rear screen and it does have USS still.

Reactions: Plood
Your VIN is almost exactly the same as mine and I’m taking delivery tomorrow. So I think your VIN is good.

I’m in Dallas FYI - hi neighbor!

My wife and I actually went and found the car at a Tesla off site lot this afternoon over by the Lexus dealer.

And it was unlocked…

So we did a thorough top to bottom inspection to make sure it was good to go so we weren’t rushed tomorrow.

Ours also has the thin bezels on the rear screen and it does have USS still.
Cool. Don't recall the bezel (it's out now) but the USS are present. We picked up in Plano.