Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Should I add EAP option?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
...maps...

Sure HD maps would help but I drove this Los Angeles I-5 North Freeway stretch last month and it didn't look like this. The construction keeps changing each time I pass through. This time, it created a sudden curve to the right simply with re-drawn lane markers:

M52m5PJ.jpg

Notice that the AP2 picks up on the curve for the right side of lane markers which is very fading white broken line but not the left side of the lane which is the yellow line and that was enough for it to sail through at 63 MPH with no problem.

Some poor drivers would depend on the straight median on the left as a guide and would slam straight into the divided median as evidenced by its damage:

0TKzj0B.png

It's hard to believe that Tesla would be so fast to update construction maps so quickly.

I think it's the robust lane marker recognition in this case.

Reactions: PrGrPa
buy it... you will love it during your work commute. Just don't play cards with a guy in the back seat while you are using it and things will be cheeky!
I purchased a 75D without AP2, then took a local car for a test drive. I used autopilot on the hwy during the test drive. When I got home I called my sales rep and had him add it. It cost 500 dollars to make the late change (had been 2 weeks). That's still a 500 dollar savings over making the purchase after delivery. Have fun with your new car and welcome to the Tesla family.

Reactions: PrGrPa