TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Should I.... And a few Questions (advice needed)

Discussion in 'Model X' started by Racerx22b, Feb 7, 2017.

Tags:
  1. stefan.bc

stefan.bc I see dead headlights!

#21 stefan.bc, Feb 7, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2017
    I was told the widshield will not be replaced, and I expect that the wrinkled car seats will not be replaced either on my first SC visit.
    The closest SC is 4hrs away and I have to take days off work to drive the car there and back, twice. In the first SC visit they will probably fix alignmets, check the sensor but that is it. If I am lucky they will replace the widshield and the ugly seats in my next SC appointment which means another 16hr drive.

Every service done to my car means 16hrs of driving. I did not think this thru when I bought the car :(
    So, if you don't have a SC near you don't buy a Tesla.

I know I'm pushing, but the sale team should not sale Tesla's with known issues to people not in close range of a SC and the delivery team should be delivering cars with known issues. They could at least try to fix a couple of things before they do.

• Like x 1
  2. Brandon332

Brandon332 Member

@Racerx22b I sent you a private message about some points including the ghosting issue. Not sure why, but the forum was glitching and wasn't letting me post the reply here at first.

3. Ambidexter

Ambidexter Member

I can't argue with the fun of go! Especially if it's more important to you than range.

I just want to clarify the range thing: I recently drove a signature P90D instead of my 75D for a week (service loaner) and my average Wh/mi was consistently 75-100 higher despite me changing acceleration mode from Ludicrous to Sport and trying to drive reasonably. 425-450 instead of my normal 350. That will cost you a lot more than 6 miles.

• Informative x 1
  4. Racerx22b

Racerx22b @unplggdd on Instagram

This is exactly why I asked in an earlier post for somebody to post real world range of a P90D and/or P100D. Tesla's literature states there is only a 6 mile difference between the 100D and P100D. I am curious as to how accurate that is. Also curious because there is a pretty sweet P90D CPO out there that is my exact build of the P100D. It says rated 250 miles but that is lower than the mileage rating on my Model S85. Just wondering what people are really getting out there.

• Helpful x 1
  5. Racerx22b

Racerx22b @unplggdd on Instagram

Thanks! Got your PM. Great info. I appreciate you taking the time to share.

6. balefire

balefire Member

I find it harder to achieve rated miles in my MX P100D compared to my MS 85. Despite avoiding ludicrous mode, only 20in wheels, etc...

On my old MS with aero wheels in fair weather I could go 72 mph and get rated mile range or 290 what/mi without difficulty.

In late fall early winter fair weather on my new MX P100D I'm getting around 375 wh/mi at 70mph which is above the needed 335 wh/mi to get rated range.

I think in reality I'd really only get 265 miles instead of 289.

Having said that, I'll have a better idea next summer since I just got this late fall.

• Informative x 2