Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Should I.... And a few Questions (advice needed)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They do have parts and service wait time issues, however I have had a very good experience with all the service done on both my Model S and X.

I was told the widshield will not be replaced, and I expect that the wrinkled car seats will not be replaced either on my first SC visit.
The closest SC is 4hrs away and I have to take days off work to drive the car there and back, twice. In the first SC visit they will probably fix alignmets, check the sensor but that is it. If I am lucky they will replace the widshield and the ugly seats in my next SC appointment which means another 16hr drive.

Every service done to my car means 16hrs of driving. I did not think this thru when I bought the car :(
So, if you don't have a SC near you don't buy a Tesla.

I know I'm pushing, but the sale team should not sale Tesla's with known issues to people not in close range of a SC and the delivery team should be delivering cars with known issues. They could at least try to fix a couple of things before they do.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cowby
Thanks for the input. I considered dropping the P (and saving $37k) but the range difference is only 6 miles between the two and the only thing I long for with our Model S is more acceleration. The 100D X is not much faster than our Model S 85. Even my wife keeps saying that no matter what we are getting the fastest one they have when we get another one. This coming from a woman that went from a CRV to the Model S 85. She loves being able to jump past someone with just a tap of the accelerator. Now she wants even more "GO".
I can't argue with the fun of go! Especially if it's more important to you than range.

I just want to clarify the range thing: I recently drove a signature P90D instead of my 75D for a week (service loaner) and my average Wh/mi was consistently 75-100 higher despite me changing acceleration mode from Ludicrous to Sport and trying to drive reasonably. 425-450 instead of my normal 350. That will cost you a lot more than 6 miles.

• Informative
I can't argue with the fun of go! Especially if it's more important to you than range.

I just want to clarify the range thing: I recently drove a signature P90D instead of my 75D for a week (service loaner) and my average Wh/mi was consistently 75-100 higher despite me changing acceleration mode from Ludicrous to Sport and trying to drive reasonably. 425-450 instead of my normal 350. That will cost you a lot more than 6 miles.

This is exactly why I asked in an earlier post for somebody to post real world range of a P90D and/or P100D. Tesla's literature states there is only a 6 mile difference between the 100D and P100D. I am curious as to how accurate that is. Also curious because there is a pretty sweet P90D CPO out there that is my exact build of the P100D. It says rated 250 miles but that is lower than the mileage rating on my Model S85. Just wondering what people are really getting out there.

• Helpful
This is exactly why I asked in an earlier post for somebody to post real world range of a P90D and/or P100D. Tesla's literature states there is only a 6 mile difference between the 100D and P100D. I am curious as to how accurate that is. Also curious because there is a pretty sweet P90D CPO out there that is my exact build of the P100D. It says rated 250 miles but that is lower than the mileage rating on my Model S85. Just wondering what people are really getting out there.

I find it harder to achieve rated miles in my MX P100D compared to my MS 85. Despite avoiding ludicrous mode, only 20in wheels, etc...

On my old MS with aero wheels in fair weather I could go 72 mph and get rated mile range or 290 what/mi without difficulty.

In late fall early winter fair weather on my new MX P100D I'm getting around 375 wh/mi at 70mph which is above the needed 335 wh/mi to get rated range.

I think in reality I'd really only get 265 miles instead of 289.

Having said that, I'll have a better idea next summer since I just got this late fall.

• Informative
Reactions: Racerx22b and Cowby