Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Should I be concerned here?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My car is only 3 days old.

After a 4 hour train ride I picked up the car. Everything seemed pretty good. I have a minor gap alignment/issue with the trunk, I think the bottom bumper paint looks a bit weak but I can live with that.

The bigger issue is 4 of 8 cameras aren't working. I checked most of the cameras that I could on delivery, but I honestly didn't realize or no how to check out, or check sentry footage yet. The service advisor also told me I needed to drive while they calibrated totally and the message would go away.

Autopilot DID calibrate, but the message lingered.

Autopilot is working, but I have a constant nagging error that autopilot cameras aren't working. I spoke to Tesla and they said their logs show them stuck in calibration mode. Seem to be missing front passenger, front left, front rear... not sure what else.

I do have a mobile service scheduled but not for a week from now. It's a bit concerning on a 3-day old car.

Or do you think its an easy fix/solution/no big deal?

I can live with everything else, it's a really great car.

Reset will probably fix this, does not sound like a big issue. You can try a soft reset yourself by pushing both steering wheel buttons simultaneously untill screen goes black and then release them and wait for the screen to come back.

Reset will probably fix this, does not sound like a big issue. You can try a soft reset yourself by pushing both steering wheel buttons simultaneously untill screen goes black and then release them and wait for the screen to come back.

If that doesn't work, try a hard reset. Put the car in park, hold down on the brake, and hold both steering wheel buttons until the screen goes black.

• Informative
Reactions: Koolio46
I picked mine up Sunday and have the same issue with the driver-side fender camera - no amount of resets or power cycling fixes it, it appears to be dead since dash cam footage and camera view etc. shows this camera absent (black loading screen that never loads). It doesn't seem to affect AP but the camera certainly doesn't' work - I was a little frustrated to hear I have to wait 3 weeks for an open service slot.

Please post back with what you find out since your appointment is far sooner than mine.

Last edited:
My car is only 3 days old.

After a 4 hour train ride I picked up the car. Everything seemed pretty good. I have a minor gap alignment/issue with the trunk, I think the bottom bumper paint looks a bit weak but I can live with that.

The bigger issue is 4 of 8 cameras aren't working. I checked most of the cameras that I could on delivery, but I honestly didn't realize or no how to check out, or check sentry footage yet. The service advisor also told me I needed to drive while they calibrated totally and the message would go away.

Autopilot DID calibrate, but the message lingered.

Autopilot is working, but I have a constant nagging error that autopilot cameras aren't working. I spoke to Tesla and they said their logs show them stuck in calibration mode. Seem to be missing front passenger, front left, front rear... not sure what else.

I do have a mobile service scheduled but not for a week from now. It's a bit concerning on a 3-day old car.

Or do you think its an easy fix/solution/no big deal?

I can live with everything else, it's a really great car.

I have a similar issue with my right repeater camera. I picked my car up a month ago and I didn’t notice any warning that autopilot cameras were not working until a couple of days later. I made a mobile service appointment and they sent me an email saying that they ordered a new camera for my car. Unfortunately the camera didn’t arrive on time for my appointment date so the tech wasn’t able to fix it. He’s supposed to contact me when it gets here and schedule another mobile visit. It’s been 2 weeks since my last appointment so I guess I need to follow up with him. I live 2 1/2 hours away from a SC so I’m trying to be patient.
I completely understand your frustration with having something already broken on a new car. I love driving it but it’s annoying to see an error message every time I drive! Good luck with your fix and I hope it gets resolved soon.

I picked mine up Sunday and have the same issue with the driver-side fender camera - no amount of resets or power cycling fixes it, it appears to be dead since dash cam footage and camera view etc. shows this camera absent (black loading screen that never loads). It doesn't seem to affect AP but the camera certainly doesn't' work - I was a little frustrated to hear I have to wait 3 weeks for an open service slot.

Please post back with what you find out since your appointment is far sooner than mine.
Mine is a month old and I have the same error message. I have a black loading screen on my right camera. They must have a bad batch of cameras that they installed!!

• Informative
Reactions: jkirkwood001
If that doesn't work, try a hard reset. Put the car in park, hold down on the brake, and hold both steering wheel buttons until the screen goes black.
FWIW those two types of resets accomplish the same thing, there's no difference if you hold the brake pedal or not.

The other thing to try is the power-off reboot - sitting in the drivers seat, doors and windows closed, go to the Safety & Security menu, and press the Power Off button, verify, and then sit in the car without touching anything for 3-5 minutes, until all the little sounds have stopped, and there is one last burp of the superbottle. Then press the brake pedal to restart.

Is there a way to test/verify all cameras during delivery or do you have to drive it in order to give it time to calibrate?

You can pull the camera view up to make sure they all display since calibration is secondary to having functional cameras. I didn't know how to do that during delivery as I was already at information overload - when I saw the error message, it made me assume it was due to needing it's first-time calibration but the calibration depends on a working camera. But the error never went away, 24 hours later when I finally found the camera view screen, I saw the black loading screen for the left repeater camera and at that moment, I knew why I had been getting the error.

I don't know what catching at delivery would have gotten me though, I don't expect they were going to run out and stick a new camera in while I stood there - but maybe they would have?