Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Should I be concerned with a low VIN that’s been around the country?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does Tesla register the VIN while the vehicle is in production, or after once everything’s completed?

They register before. You have nothing to worry about. Of course, any of these cars could have issues, but you are not getting an old vin. Please stop the madness. I'd be ecstatic with a 30k vin. Honestly - probably no different than the 40k vin's you are seeing. Tesla has thousands of cars sitting around waiting for July deliveries.

I hope for everyone's sake that my June 30th delivery is not the 200,000th one

• Disagree
Reactions: adaptabl
Thanks everyone for the response. Based on Model 3 VINs (@Model3VINs) on Twitter, this VIN was registered in late April.

Does Tesla register the VIN while the vehicle is in production, or after once everything’s completed? After reading all the horror stories here I just don’t want to be sold a previously rejected then reworked car.

Reserved 4/18 and picking up on 7/2.

VINs are registered well before the car is built. My VIN was registered in March and car was built in May. Also, Tesla does not build their cars in sequential VIN order, they jump around.

Hey.... my Vin is 004xxx and the quality has been great. After they got the first approx. 2000 vehicles delivered (where they were changing suspension coils etc.) I think build quality has been "nominal" as the rocket guys say.... meaning mostly good with occasional glitches that are fixed post delivery. I've been super pleased with my RWD LR 3.

Reactions: pcpro