Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SHOULD I BE WORRIED??

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just received an email regarding my appointment this Friday to pick up my tesla. Is this normal?
Screenshot 11-29-2020 15.44_1.jpg
0_Screenshot 11-29-2020 15.44_2.jpg

• Funny
Reactions: cwerdna
THIS IS NOT AN OFFICIAL EMAIL FROM TESLA. Please delete. DO NOT REPLY TO THIS EMAIL. Tesla does not send emails in this format nor does Tesla use all caps with highlights.

Delete this email immediately and send your sales adviser who was assigned to you an email regarding your vehicle and delivery. Alternatively you can call your service center directly and speak with a rep.

You can also log into Tesla.com to check your deliver status.

Last edited:
To add on to what was said above, my MY was virtually fully charged when I went to look it over a couple of hours before my real appointment to pay for it, and they said that they would "top it off," and it was not a problem. At least at the local Service Center (SC) they had chargers available.

Also I have never seen an email like the one you have an image of. Mostly they contacted me via SMS, but their emails were normal font.
I agree that this looks suspicious.

THIS IS NOT AN OFFICIAL EMAIL FROM TESLA. Please delete. DO NOT REPLY TO THIS EMAIL. Tesla does not send emails in this format nor does Tesla use all caps with highlights.

Delete this email immediately and send your sales adviser who was assigned to you an email regarding your vehicle and delivery. Alternatively you can call your service center directly and speak with a rep.

You can also log into Tesla.com to check your deliver status.

I'll put up the whole email... it's look sketchy as hell

Here below is the full email. I deleted the dealership and my personal information. Kind of crazy it looks like this though. But it is legit.

Your Tesla Model X!

Inbox

profile_mask2.png

_ordersupport <[email protected]>
Sun, Nov 29, 3:10 PM (23 hours ago)
cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif

to me, Rachael,_Delivery
cleardot.gif

Hello ,

YOUR VEHICLE HAS NOT ARRIVED AT OUR SERVICE CENTER – PLEASE CONFIRM THE INFORMATION IN THIS EMAIL AND A TESLA ADVISOR WILL CALL OR TEXT TO CONFIRM THAT YOUR VEHICLE IS READY FOR PICK UP. THE FOLLOWING SCHEDULED APPOINTMENT IS TENTATIVE – We appreciate your understanding during this exciting time!

We are very excited to get you behind the wheel of your Tesla at our center, on Friday December 4th. To help maximize your safety and convenience, your Tesla pick-up will be an almost touchless experience! This means that we ask you to familiarize yourself with the vehicle before your appointment. We offer numerous resources to help you learn about your new Tesla!

Once your vehicle has arrived and we confirm all of your delivery details we can confirm a scheduled pick-up date. Please keep in mind once your Tesla arrives at our location you will have 3 days to pick up your Tesla.

NEXT STEPS:

There are a few steps that we need to make sure are completed in advance of your pick-up appointment.

In Advance of Your Delivery:

*Please note, due to our capacity and limited charging infrastructure your vehicle may not be delivered with a full charge*

PLEASE VERIFY YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION:

Payment Method:

License Plate: Would you like us to issue you a new license plate, or transfer one you currently own?

Insurance: Yes, Garrison Property and Casualty Insurance

Trade-in: No

*If any of the highlighted information is incorrect, please let us know. Information will need to be corrected prior to your delivery.

SIGN DOCUMENTS AND SUBMIT PAYMENT VIA YOUR TESLA ACCOUNT:

Prior to pick-up, please be sure to log into your Tesla account and complete the following. (This information will be visible on your Tesla account 24-48 hours prior to your scheduled date)

· Tesla Leasing/Tesla Lending:

o Electronically sign your financial contract and DMV Documents (Single Registrants ONLY).

o Submit payment via your Tesla account

DOWNLOAD THE TESLA APP:

Before your appointment, download the Tesla app to access our video tutorials and support resources. Your Tesla will automatically pair to the app once you have Accepted Delivery in your Tesla Account.

On Your Scheduled Delivery Day:

PICKING UP YOUR TESLA:

Your Tesla will be available for pick-up onsite at our delivery center. Once you arrive please check in with out Delivery Team to retrieve your keys and sign any outstanding documents. This will be an almost touchless experience, to maximize your safety and convenience. . Due to our high volume, we ask that you check in and accept delivery to begin enjoying your Tesla as soon as possible after arrival, as we will need to clear all spaces for incoming customers.

ACCESSING YOUR TESLA UPON ARRIVAL:

· While your phone is intended to be the primary key for your Tesla (Model 3 & Model Y Only), we also provide you with 2 keys which will be handed to you upon check in.

· Your Tesla will be ready for pick up in our Front Parking Lot with your name displayed on the Dashboard

VIDEO RESOURCES:

Your Tesla has built-in tutorial videos to help ensure you are comfortable with the essential features of your vehicle. To help maximize your immediate enjoyment of your Tesla, we recommend reviewing the below videos before taking delivery of your new Tesla.

· Meet Your Model S: Meet Your Model S

· Meet Your Model 3: Meet Your Model 3

· Meet Your Model X: Meet Your Model X

· Meet Your Model Y: Meet Your Model Y

Please let us know if you have any questions, and we look forward to getting you on the road in your Tesla very soon!

The content of this message is the proprietary and confidential property of Tesla Inc., and should be treated as such. If you are not the intended recipient and have received this message in error, please delete this message from your computer system and notify me immediately by reply e-mail. Any unauthorized use or distribution of the content of this message is prohibited.

Here below is the full email. I deleted the dealership and my personal information. Kind of crazy it looks like this though. But it is legit.

Your Tesla Model X!

Inbox

profile_mask2.png

_ordersupport <[email protected]>
Sun, Nov 29, 3:10 PM (23 hours ago)
cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif

to me, Rachael,_Delivery
cleardot.gif

Hello ,

YOUR VEHICLE HAS NOT ARRIVED AT OUR SERVICE CENTER – PLEASE CONFIRM THE INFORMATION IN THIS EMAIL AND A TESLA ADVISOR WILL CALL OR TEXT TO CONFIRM THAT YOUR VEHICLE IS READY FOR PICK UP. THE FOLLOWING SCHEDULED APPOINTMENT IS TENTATIVE – We appreciate your understanding during this exciting time!

We are very excited to get you behind the wheel of your Tesla at our center, on Friday December 4th. To help maximize your safety and convenience, your Tesla pick-up will be an almost touchless experience! This means that we ask you to familiarize yourself with the vehicle before your appointment. We offer numerous resources to help you learn about your new Tesla!

Once your vehicle has arrived and we confirm all of your delivery details we can confirm a scheduled pick-up date. Please keep in mind once your Tesla arrives at our location you will have 3 days to pick up your Tesla.

NEXT STEPS:

There are a few steps that we need to make sure are completed in advance of your pick-up appointment.

In Advance of Your Delivery:

*Please note, due to our capacity and limited charging infrastructure your vehicle may not be delivered with a full charge*

PLEASE VERIFY YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION:

Payment Method:

License Plate: Would you like us to issue you a new license plate, or transfer one you currently own?

Insurance: Yes, Garrison Property and Casualty Insurance

Trade-in: No

*If any of the highlighted information is incorrect, please let us know. Information will need to be corrected prior to your delivery.

SIGN DOCUMENTS AND SUBMIT PAYMENT VIA YOUR TESLA ACCOUNT:

Prior to pick-up, please be sure to log into your Tesla account and complete the following. (This information will be visible on your Tesla account 24-48 hours prior to your scheduled date)

· Tesla Leasing/Tesla Lending:

o Electronically sign your financial contract and DMV Documents (Single Registrants ONLY).

o Submit payment via your Tesla account

DOWNLOAD THE TESLA APP:

Before your appointment, download the Tesla app to access our video tutorials and support resources. Your Tesla will automatically pair to the app once you have Accepted Delivery in your Tesla Account.

On Your Scheduled Delivery Day:

PICKING UP YOUR TESLA:

Your Tesla will be available for pick-up onsite at our delivery center. Once you arrive please check in with out Delivery Team to retrieve your keys and sign any outstanding documents. This will be an almost touchless experience, to maximize your safety and convenience. . Due to our high volume, we ask that you check in and accept delivery to begin enjoying your Tesla as soon as possible after arrival, as we will need to clear all spaces for incoming customers.

ACCESSING YOUR TESLA UPON ARRIVAL:

· While your phone is intended to be the primary key for your Tesla (Model 3 & Model Y Only), we also provide you with 2 keys which will be handed to you upon check in.

· Your Tesla will be ready for pick up in our Front Parking Lot with your name displayed on the Dashboard

VIDEO RESOURCES:

Your Tesla has built-in tutorial videos to help ensure you are comfortable with the essential features of your vehicle. To help maximize your immediate enjoyment of your Tesla, we recommend reviewing the below videos before taking delivery of your new Tesla.

· Meet Your Model S: Meet Your Model S

· Meet Your Model 3: Meet Your Model 3

· Meet Your Model X: Meet Your Model X

· Meet Your Model Y: Meet Your Model Y

Please let us know if you have any questions, and we look forward to getting you on the road in your Tesla very soon!

The content of this message is the proprietary and confidential property of Tesla Inc., and should be treated as such. If you are not the intended recipient and have received this message in error, please delete this message from your computer system and notify me immediately by reply e-mail. Any unauthorized use or distribution of the content of this message is prohibited.
That's basically the same email I got to pick up my Model X tomorrow, albeit without the "unable to do a full charge"

Sounds like good communication. Just what the consumer should hear.

They have scheduled a delivery, but since it is not physically there, things could happen to delay it.

They are super busy and while they will do the best they can to give you a full charge, sometimes due to volume not everybody can get a full 100% charge on pickup.
Customer should take that into consideration and perhaps scope out Superchargers along your route home to handle any contingencies.

Gives the delivery center a little wiggle room and informs the buyer what is going on.

Reactions: andrewdtran
Well, I take it back. It's a very different email from what I received two years ago. Anyway, I do hope you get delivery scheduled.

While they may all be corporate-owned, it
seems to me each delivery center operates fairly independently. They all have their own processes and procedures.

My local center (Paramus NJ) makes sure every vehicle is fully detailed out and charged to 100% for delivery day. We picked up our 3 last year; and our X this summer in the thick of Covid. Both were excellent experiences.

I could be wrong, but I’m guessing each site has their own way of doing things — I don’t get the sense that there’s One Tesla Way for lots of this stuff.

While they may all be corporate-owned, it
seems to me each delivery center operates fairly independently. They all have their own processes and procedures.

My local center (Paramus NJ) makes sure every vehicle is fully detailed out and charged to 100% for delivery day. We picked up our 3 last year; and our X this summer in the thick of Covid. Both were excellent experiences.

I could be wrong, but I’m guessing each site has their own way of doing things — I don’t get the sense that there’s One Tesla Way for lots of this stuff.

Hi! I am actually picking a Model 3 in Paramus soon. Were you able to inspect the interior prior to accepting delivery? And I'm glad to hear it was a good experience.

My MX delivery was a trainwreck. 30% charge, stickers on the windshield, plastic wrapping on interior panels. The person assigned to walk me through the vehicle was a "volunteer" that owned a Model 3, and had never been inside a MX before. He knew almost nothing, and couldn't answer a single question I had.

• Informative
Reactions: cwerdna
Hi! I am actually picking a Model 3 in Paramus soon. Were you able to inspect the interior prior to accepting delivery? And I'm glad to hear it was a good experience.

Congratulations! Yes, no issue at all. I had no problem with checking the car out before signing the papers.

I wouldn’t be concerned - they do a great job with delivery there. Both my 3 and X were fully prepped, detailed and charged up. Great crew, super friendly.

Biggest issue with Paramus is that the lot is way too small for the volume. Sometimes a line forms at the entrance - if there’s a queue for the Supercharger and a truck dropping off new cars, the lot entrance can back up a bit. Just be patient, it’s totally worth it!