Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Should I black out my badges/emblems on my black MY?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Was wondering if anyone has photos of their black model y with blacked out emblems. I'm getting my car wrapped soon and was thinking about also getting the badges/emblems blacked out in gloss as well..

I can't immediately tell if I want to pull the trigger on it. Any insight would be appreciated!

Was wondering if anyone has photos of their black model y with blacked out emblems. I'm getting my car wrapped soon and was thinking about also getting the badges/emblems blacked out in gloss as well..

I can't immediately tell if I want to pull the trigger on it. Any insight would be appreciated!
What color are wrapping your MY with?

I did it on my MYP. Also added a carbon license plate to match the spoiler. I like it even if it's hardly noticeable on a black car.

Attachments

• PXL_20210912_044903156~2.jpg
    PXL_20210912_044903156~2.jpg
    529.9 KB · Views: 1,539
I kinda love how subtle it looks. Especially the dual motors badge... Are both the tesla emblem and the dual motor badge matte black? The dual motor looks glossy. Particularly love that one.

I kinda love how subtle it looks. Especially the dual motors badge... Are both the tesla emblem and the dual motor badge matte black? The dual motor looks glossy. Particularly love that one.
They are both a matte finish. It could be the lighting and angle making the dual motor badge look more glossy.

oh sorry it looked like the T emblem was more pewter! That’s what I’d like to do. Match to carbon wheel color to give that slight variation but still considered darkened out. Same colour as wheels will maintain an even look without too many alternate colours going on

Reactions: samori01
IMO, have some contrast.

I'm not sure what color or material you're wrapping your black car in, but if you do a matte wrap or matte PPF on the car, then do gloss black emblems. If you keep the car with a glossy finish or clear gloss PPF, then do satin black for the emblems (which match the window trim & door handles).

Reactions: samori01
I did it on my MYP. Also added a carbon license plate to match the spoiler. I like it even if it's hardly noticeable on a black car.
@sjsharks33 - Looks nice! Did you replace your badges with aftermarket ones, wrap, or paint them?
I'm doing my but not sure which route to go. The detail/wrap place I'm talking to, recommends replacing with oem badges that they sand/prep and paint. ($100 each) says it matches handles.

@Hank Hill - I like the look of black everything, but contrast is nice too. Matte black badges on Gloss Black looks cool to me. my MY is red with black accents, so chrome badges look out of place to me.

Reactions: Hank Hill
@sjsharks33 - Looks nice! Did you replace your badges with aftermarket ones, wrap, or paint them?
I'm doing my but not sure which route to go. The detail/wrap place I'm talking to, recommends replacing with oem badges that they sand/prep and paint. ($100 each) says it matches handles.
I ended up buying plastic covers to cover the emblems and bought the dual motor badge from abstract ocean. My plan is to eventually do a more permanent solution with emblems but with a 15 month old baby I hardly have the time so my current set up satisfies me for now.

I ended up buying plastic covers to cover the emblems and bought the dual motor badge from abstract ocean. My plan is to eventually do a more permanent solution with emblems but with a 15 month old baby I hardly have the time so my current set up satisfies me for now.
I've been looking into the plastic covers as well. Where did you purchase yours and have any pics of how they look installed?