Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Should I bother with this alignment issue?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I took delivery a few weeks ago knowing this was pretty much the only alignment issue. At first, it didn't bother me much but after doing a wash this weekend, the more and more I look at it, it bothers me. I read a lot of alignment stories with service centers and the good 'ol "within spec" excuse they like to give but I'm wondering if this is significant enough for them to use that excuse.

The alignment issue I have is where the trunk panel meets the pillars on each side. The left side is normal and pretty much aligned nicely. The right side is where the alignment issue is. That portion of the panel pops up a few milllimeters compared to the pillar panel. Picture of both sides for comparison.

alignment.jpg

For those that had panel alignment fixed/rejected by service center, is this something they'd willingly take care of or am I gonna have to fight them a bit on this?

The silver trim on my door don't align perfectly on my S. I have learned to live with it simply because I don't want my door panels ripped apart by the shop that could result in further issues in the future. Just live with it. If you find another issue that requires service mention this issue to them. I say it's one of those. If it's in the shop anyway just mention it to them