Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Should I buy 4 month old model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not sure if it appeals to you but it would appear that every single car on Tesla‘s used car inventory is listed with Enhanced Autopilot at the moment which I presume they’re adding as a deal sweetener (because they can). It is a £3,800.00 option anywhere else. I’d advise researching it as its value to you depends on your habits and driving style but its seems to currently be a thing on all used models direct from them.

Ok so now I’ve driven it, what I now know is I definitely want one. Still can’t decide if I should go for this or hold out for a new one. They’re offering me really good money for mine. At the end of the day I’m getting about 1500 off the price of a new red sr+. Its come from a lease company so I’m guessing company gone bust.
Does anyone know how much hassle I’ll have getting this car registered to me at Tesla if I buy it?
and would service issues be more difficult with a car I didn’t buy from Tesla?

Does the price reflect the £2100 paint option? EG is it £1500 cheaper than a basic car? Or is it £1500 off the actual list price including paint?
I think you’ll find it very easy to register with Tesla as the app allows for cars bought 3rd party. Warranty will be 4 years from new and wouldn’t be different than if you were first owner.

Warranty work will be easy once it’s on your account, you’ve no right to reject it from Tesla like you would with a new car but one hopes you’d not be in that situation

Getting the car registered with Tesla is relatively straightforward once you have the V5c back from the DVLA. A few people have had to chase Tesla but it’s not a difficult process.

Well it’s all gone a bit pear shaped with the used SR+ I would have ended up paying the same for a 4 month old car as a new one. Trouble is I really want one now so looks like I’ll have to order one, I see that sr+ delivery is now showing February so I suspect the chance of there being any inventory cars popping up in November are pretty slim?

Well it’s all gone a bit pear shaped with the used SR+ I would have ended up paying the same for a 4 month old car as a new one. Trouble is I really want one now so looks like I’ll have to order one, I see that sr+ delivery is now showing February so I suspect the chance of there being any inventory cars popping up in November are pretty slim?
Probably no bad thing. At least you’ll get new with no uncertain history.
I’m sure something will turn up. It only needs a cancellation.

There was one earlier today on the new inventory (white, black interior) - it didn’t last long. Either keep an eye on the website or according to Facebook tesla-info do a push notification service for when cars get listed. No idea how much if anything it costs but ev-CPO do similar in the us and it’s about $10 or so a month.

Cars get listed any time, a cancelled order, maybe finance not approved and it gets put back in the pool. Whether a friendly sales assistant actually knows before they get listed is anyone's guess, I can't imagine they ring around to let everyone know first, it can happen I guess. They are not like a salesperson at say BMW with build slots who's juggling their own order book, Tesla assistants aren't technically sales people but they are generally friendly.

I can also ouch for tesla-info though, I've used them a lot for (would you believe) info on Tesla's and saw they were offering it in their inventory mail list the other week (easy way of tracking the movements in the market and what your car might be worth).

Well I finally gave in and bought it. I think they were coming up to month end targets and offered me an amount for my car I just couldn’t refuse. Picked it up last Friday and so far can’t find anything wrong with it. I know I can’t possibly know about it’s battery charging history but it’s LFP which I believe is a bit bit more tolerant?

I absolutely love the car and have lots of questions but have a few pressing ones that I would like some advice on if possible.

I took it to a pod point 50kw charger at local Tesco just to make sure it would charge ok, I was charging from 50 to 90% The first 10 minutes or so there was a very loud fan noise and it was only charging between 18 to 20kw. After about 10 minutes the fan noise reduced and it eventually was charging at 45kw. Is this normal?

Took it out after dark last night and the headlamps are way to high, angry people flashing me. I understand you can reset them in service menu. Does the car need to be pointing at a wall or will they just reset to factory settings anyway?

What do you guys do about punctures? I’m in the AA but coming from a BMW on run flats I find this a bit scary. Do any of the foam get you home kits work on these tyres?

Well I finally gave in and bought it.

I took it to a pod point 50kw charger at local Tesco just to make sure it would charge ok, I was charging from 50 to 90% The first 10 minutes or so there was a very loud fan noise and it was only charging between 18 to 20kw. After about 10 minutes the fan noise reduced and it eventually was charging at 45kw. Is this normal?
1. Congrats!
2. Yeah, thats normal. Someone will be along to tell you why...