Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Should I buy a Plaid Model S or a Triple Motor CyberTruck?

Would you buy a Plaid Model S or a Triple Motor CyberTruck?

• Plaid Model S

Votes: 10 15.4%
  • Triple Motor Cybertruck

Votes: 33 50.8%
  • Both

Votes: 18 27.7%
  • Plaid Model S if it arrives before the Triple Motor CyberTruck

Votes: 4 6.2%
  • Triple Motor CyberTruck if it arrives before the Plaid Model S

Votes: 3 4.6%
  • Neither

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Man, they're sooo different. The CT is going to be a behemoth to drive and park in the city. It will be great for camping, recreation, towing. The Plaid S will be a sleek speed demon that has gotten a lot more refined since my 2014 P85D (still a speed demon in its own right). If you're a two-car family, I think it makes sense to have one of each. The CT would be a birch to commute in, unless you're super rural.

Reactions: SmartElectric
If Plaid S, then consider that the current Performance S starts at about $95,000 so the Plaid would be even more, while the TriMotor CT only starts at about $70,000. More money to consider in your decision.

*edit: Also I would think hard about whether the Plaid would be able to do everything that the Cybertruck could. And vice versa.

Just reserved a tri CT, which will hopefully be available when the lease on my MS expires. The X-factor is whether the 202X roadster would be available sooner than the CT, but I seriously doubt it. I've already had a P85D and a P100D MS. Looking to change it up with the next vehicle. For now anyways, I'm going with the CT.

Point being: if you've already had an MS before, why not change it up?

Last edited:
Reactions: SmartElectric
Also depends when the Plaid S comes out. If it comes out in Sept (Battery Day) and also has a 500+ mile battery + a refreshed interior perhaps....then jump on that! It will probably be at least a year but more likely 1.5 to 2 years away from a CT depending when you reserved which is just way too long to wait. The longer it takes for the S to come out, the shorter the wait for the CT.