TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Should i buy a used 2015 85D now?

Discussion in 'Model S' started by ChooseAnother, Jul 29, 2017.

Tags:
  1. ChooseAnother

ChooseAnother Member

Hi all,

I want a Dual motor Tesla so old 85D's and new generation 75D's are the best options for me i think.

Brand-new 75D costs 15k euros more than a used 85D for me now. It's a lot of for me.

2017 75D pros: Facelift, HW2 hardware, middle-console, maybe new battery pack and components?(contactors etc.)(low probability of having problems?)

2017 75D cons: More expensive

2015 85D cons: Old-look, possible contactor or any other component problems?, old HW1 hardware etc.

NOTE: Probability of having problems which potentially makes car doesnt work is very important for me because of there is no Service Center and Ranger service in my country! :(

What will be your advices?

2. skitown

skitown Supporting Member

Datapoint of one: I'm 7 hours away from a service center and recently upgraded from a 2013 S85 to a 2015 85D. Couldn't be happier so far.

3. ChooseAnother

ChooseAnother Member

I am way more away from a Service Center like 1500km. :(

How much did you use your 85D so far? And how often you accelerate hard? Because i experience that hard acceleration faults contactors more easily?

4. skitown

skitown Supporting Member

That's about twice as far as me! I've only had this one about a month, but it has 57K miles and still feels pretty much like new. Just wanted to give you my experience with build quality and model and year. I can't help you with the question about the contractors. Good luck!

• Like x 1