Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Should I buy a used TMS or a new TM3?

ragnar

Oct 26, 2019
Iceland
Hello, I have finally gotten the opportunity to be able to buy a Tesla vehicle! I am very interested in an older Model S car, such as a 2015 85D or maybe a 2016 75D, so my question is: Is it more worth it to buy a new Model 3 Long Range Dual Motor or go for an older Model S? I would love some feedback :)

Found this Model S (see attachment) for approx. ~ $46000 while a new Model 3 costs ~ $49000
There might be an obvious answer for some of you, but I am really speculating...
Screenshot_4.png

- Ragnar

VT_EE

Apr 22, 2017
Maryland
Definitely Model 3 if for no other reason than the battery pack is much more advanced and modern. Tesla is nerfing the older Model S Supercharging speeds on the older vehicles. You'll see plenty of threads on TMC about this.

bhzmark

Jul 21, 2013
If you prefer the voluminous rear hatch space, bigger more comfortable back seat, pano roof, or generally more sleeker and upscale look of the S, then get that, otherwise a model 3 with its newer technology.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC