Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Should I buy it?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey everyone. I am very indecisive person so why not turn to the internet to help me guide me on my decision lol. Anyways, have a 2019 Model 3 Sleeper Performance. Its a great car, dont have any issues with it. I recently inquired to Tesla about the trade in value of my current car because its hard to find a true valuation through KBB or Carvana with a sleeper performance because those companies dont recognize that model. Was pleasantly surprised with the estimate that I got from Tesla (51,400). I have alway wanted a Model Y. Would have got a model Y when I got my 3 if it was available, but I had no car at the time and needed a car. After speaking with someone else from Tesla, she assured me that I would be able to get a Model Y Performance pretty quickly as a number of customers are not taking delivery and they have to move the cars and cancel orders. I was offered a white one the same day I inquired however I would like a blue one. I do like that the newer 3s and Ys have a more completed interior then the early productions, also upgraded computer/battery, power lift gate for model Y. Bottom line, my car has never been as valuable as it is now, whose to say this inflation of used cars will continue. Buy more TSLA, buy a new Tesla. Not sure, but want to make a decision soon. Any input, anything I am missing? I am not really worried about the tax credits with the Build Back Better because who knows when that will happen and they will most likely increase the price.

Just gotta do the math. For me I still came out way ahead selling elsewhere vs my offer from Tesla and accounting for the tax savings.
Same with the BMW that my Tesla replaced. CarFax offered me 16% more than Tesla. That said, doing the trade w/Tesla is cleaner logistically. Depending on the premium you get by selling, it may or may not be worth your while. In your case, I would expect the difference to be significant, though.

Upvote 0
Carvana gave me a very low offer compared to Tesla. I wrote GMTV an email, waiting back on response. Can take my car to carmax tomorrow. It strange because everyone is saying that Tesla gave them the worst offer but so far they have given me the best.
That's true for non-Teslas, but I'm not sure on Tesla to Tesla. On our trade in, it was a Subaru which Tesla gave us 5K below BB and Carmax gave us BB.

Upvote 0
Hey everyone. I am very indecisive person so why not turn to the internet to help me guide me on my decision lol. Anyways, have a 2019 Model 3 Sleeper Performance. Its a great car, dont have any issues with it. I recently inquired to Tesla about the trade in value of my current car because its hard to find a true valuation through KBB or Carvana with a sleeper performance because those companies dont recognize that model. Was pleasantly surprised with the estimate that I got from Tesla (51,400). I have alway wanted a Model Y. Would have got a model Y when I got my 3 if it was available, but I had no car at the time and needed a car. After speaking with someone else from Tesla, she assured me that I would be able to get a Model Y Performance pretty quickly as a number of customers are not taking delivery and they have to move the cars and cancel orders. I was offered a white one the same day I inquired however I would like a blue one. I do like that the newer 3s and Ys have a more completed interior then the early productions, also upgraded computer/battery, power lift gate for model Y. Bottom line, my car has never been as valuable as it is now, whose to say this inflation of used cars will continue. Buy more TSLA, buy a new Tesla. Not sure, but want to make a decision soon. Any input, anything I am missing? I am not really worried about the tax credits with the Build Back Better because who knows when that will happen and they will most likely increase the price.

No.

I sold my Model Y LR with Radar, and I bought a MYP. Vision only is a broken experience for AP/TACC and you will get significantly less out of it.

Upvote 0