Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Should I buy it?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey everyone. I am very indecisive person so why not turn to the internet to help me guide me on my decision lol. Anyways, have a 2019 Model 3 Sleeper Performance. Its a great car, dont have any issues with it. I recently inquired to Tesla about the trade in value of my current car because its hard to find a true valuation through KBB or Carvana with a sleeper performance because those companies dont recognize that model. Was pleasantly surprised with the estimate that I got from Tesla (51,400). I have alway wanted a Model Y. Would have got a model Y when I got my 3 if it was available, but I had no car at the time and needed a car. After speaking with someone else from Tesla, she assured me that I would be able to get a Model Y Performance pretty quickly as a number of customers are not taking delivery and they have to move the cars and cancel orders. I was offered a white one the same day I inquired however I would like a blue one. I do like that the newer 3s and Ys have a more completed interior then the early productions, also upgraded computer/battery, power lift gate for model Y. Bottom line, my car has never been as valuable as it is now, whose to say this inflation of used cars will continue. Buy more TSLA, buy a new Tesla. Not sure, but want to make a decision soon. Any input, anything I am missing? I am not really worried about the tax credits with the Build Back Better because who knows when that will happen and they will most likely increase the price.

why-not-kyle-broflovski.gif

well-what-are-we-waiting-for-randy-marsh.gif

just-do-it-kyle.gif

Upvote 1
What do you suggest, Carvana offered me a little more then 46k. KBB was around 54. However like I said, it’s hard to get a true valuation through these third party companies because I can’t enter sleeper performance, it’s either performance or AWD Duel motor.
Check with Carmax too. But go where the money is best. The only issue with trading in to Tesla directly is the lead time - your estimate might be great now but who knows what it’ll be like when your car is ready? Not to say that they will intentionally change their offer but, as the saying goes, “money talks”.

Upvote 0
What do you suggest, Carvana offered me a little more then 46k. KBB was around 54. However like I said, it’s hard to get a true valuation through these third party companies because I can’t enter sleeper performance, it’s either performance or AWD Duel motor.
Try GiveMeTheVIN.com
[email protected]
They gave me several 1000’s more than CarMax and Carvana.

Edit: I don’t get any kickback from these guys. Just an honest review.

Upvote 0
Check with Carmax too. But go where the money is best. The only issue with trading in to Tesla directly is the lead time - your estimate might be great now but who knows what it’ll be like when your car is ready? Not to say that they will intentionally change their offer but, as the saying goes, “money talks”.
Have two weeks from receiving estimate from Tesla til it expires. Lady I spoke with seemed to believe I would have the car in a couple of days.
Try GiveMeTheVIN.com
[email protected]
They gave me several 1000’s more than CarMax and Carvana.

Edit: I don’t get any kickback from these guys. Just an honest review.
Checked it out, same issue. When I enter my Vin it comes up as either long range AWD or Performance. I won’t recognize the sleeper performance model.

Upvote 0
Have two weeks from receiving estimate from Tesla til it expires. Lady I spoke with seemed to believe I would have the car in a couple of days.

Checked it out, same issue. When I enter my Vin it comes up as either long range AWD or Performance. I won’t recognize the sleeper performance model.
Send Jack an email. PM me if you need his cell phone. He is very responsive.

Upvote 0
Inflation works 2 ways. Your used car will increase in value and Tesla will continue to raise prices. And not always at the same rate.

If you want a blue performance model Y, order it and lock in the price. One major risk, the cars that are being rejected could be for causes that you'd reject as well.

It really depends on if you see the car as an investment or an impulse. You'll only kick yourself for not getting what you really wanted, and justify buying another in 2 years, settling for what you don't want and continuing the vicious cycle.

Upvote 0

There’s no official trim called the stealth or sleeper performance. You have a performance without the performance upgrade package that Tesla ended up making standard. Mark your car down as a performance model if it’s giving you the option. If your window sticker says performance on it then that’s what you should put down.

Reactions: tm1v2 and mrwug
Upvote 0
Not sure many cars are being rejected for quality issues, but mostly want to delay into 2022 in hopes of getting a Tax Credit that may or may not happen.

Tesla built these ordered cars in good faith, but now, at the last moment, many are deciding to push their deliveries out, sticking Tesla with the cars. Lucky for Tesla, there is a huge demand for immediate delivery of their cars, and some lucky ones will get themselves a Merry Christmas or Happy New Year.

Upvote 0