Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Should I buy this Inventory or Order New Raven?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all,

I put a deposit on this vehicle yesterday

Model X Long Range $89,500

Dual Motor All-Wheel Drive Included

Pearl White Multi-Coat Paint $2,000

22" Onyx Black Wheels $5,500

All Black Premium Included

Figured Ash Wood Décor Included

Front Console Included

Dark Headliner Included

Five Seat Interior Included

Free Supercharging Included

Towing Package Included

Autopilot $3,000

Premium Upgrades Package Included

Smart Air Suspension Included

Autopilot Firmware 2.0 Base $5,000

Subtotal $105,000

Documentation Fee $75

Destination Fee $1,125

Price Adjustment ($12,000)

Total $94,200

Pros:
Free Supercharging
12k discount
Federal tax credit $3750 if take delivery this Sunday.

Cons:
No Raven

Is Raven worth it? I currently drive a Honda CRV. This Tesla will also be a family car, soccer games, running errands, etc.
Tesla rep said the new motor (Raven) would get extra 3 miles and it's better for Sport mode.

Longer range or sporty drive is not important to me. I'm more concerned if Raven would be more reliable (suspension system)?

Thank you all for sharing your knowledge.

How many miles are on the inventory car? We have a very similar X that we've listed for sale (except ours is a six seater) for nearly the same price but ours already has Full Self Driving enabled. Do you know what AP hardware that X has or what the build date is? It mentions Autopilot Firmware 2.0...but I wonder if that is supposed to be Hardware.

The Raven suspension and additional range are nice but if you don't need the range, paying in the mid $90s is pretty nice too. :)

I have a 2004 CRV as my second car and love it.

There is nothing wrong with newer cars (2017, 2018) with suspensions. They just added more damping which makes it smoother but not by much.

I always recommend getting the newest cheapest car you can afford. New is nice but there always is depreciation.

So going inventory with a discount is good.

Good luck!

How many miles are on the inventory car? We have a very similar X that we've listed for sale (except ours is a six seater) for nearly the same price but ours already has Full Self Driving enabled. Do you know what AP hardware that X has or what the build date is? It mentions Autopilot Firmware 2.0...but I wonder if that is supposed to be Hardware.

The Raven suspension and additional range are nice but if you don't need the range, paying in the mid $90s is pretty nice too. :)

There are 500 miles on the car. The build date is April 2019. So I guess I'd get 325 mile range.

Good luck with your sale. It's a great price with 6 seater and Full Self Driving capability. I specifically want the Black wheels and Black Interior.

• Informative
Reactions: MorrisonHiker
I have a 2004 CRV as my second car and love it.

There is nothing wrong with newer cars (2017, 2018) with suspensions. They just added more damping which makes it smoother but not by much.

I always recommend getting the newest cheapest car you can afford. New is nice but there always is depreciation.

So going inventory with a discount is good.

Good luck!

Thank you for your input. I greatly appreciate it!!

There are 500 miles on the car. The build date is April 2019. So I guess I'd get 325 mile range.

Good luck with your sale. It's a great price with 6 seater and Full Self Driving capability. I specifically want the Black wheels and Black Interior.
Sounds like a great deal then if this inventory is from April and already has the new Raven features! Go for it! :)

295 mile range for non raven long range X.

You may want to check those numbers - it has 3000 and 5000 for autopilot. If you are paying 8000 for autopilot it should have FSD

If it meets your needs, go for it. I have a Raven and love it, but if the extra range and improved suspension are less important to you than $12k off and the higher tax credit, seems like a decent deal to me. You'd also get it this weekend vs who knows when for a new order (where they'll likely load ships for Europe as the new quarter begins).

Reactions: MorrisonHiker
So sounds like it's a pre-Raven, MX100D, which make sense, since it comes with free SC. I'd only take it if it has FSD, or remove FSD to save another $5K. An exactly configured Raven refreshed model would be $104,500 + $1200 (dest fee) = $105,700. So your saving is $11,100 + fed tax credit difference + free SC. It's not bad, if the configuration is exactly what you want. I'd also try to remove the 22" to save $5500 if you don't need the look. They are prone to curb dings, has harder ride and reduce range by 10%.

So sounds like it's a pre-Raven, MX100D, which make sense, since it comes with free SC. I'd only take it if it has FSD, or remove FSD to save another $5K. An exactly configured Raven refreshed model would be $104,500 + $1200 (dest fee) = $105,700. So your saving is $11,100 + fed tax credit difference + free SC. It's not bad, if the configuration is exactly what you want. I'd also try to remove the 22" to save $5500 if you don't need the look. They are prone to curb dings, has harder ride and reduce range by 10%.

I had no idea of the 22" issues. I like the look but not that much. I will be texting the rep to remove the 22", hopefully they can so I can take delivery this Sunday, before the fed tax credit exp. Thank you thank you, so glad I asked.

I had no idea of the 22" issues. I like the look but not that much. I will be texting the rep to remove the 22", hopefully they can so I can take delivery this Sunday, before the fed tax credit exp. Thank you thank you, so glad I asked.

FWIW, I was interested in an inventory model but wanted 22s removed in favor of the base 20s. They were not allowed to do it. But this was last month, so maybe with quarter end motivation they'll do it for you.

FWIW, I was interested in an inventory model but wanted 22s removed in favor of the base 20s. They were not allowed to do it. But this was last month, so maybe with quarter end motivation they'll do it for you.
As mentioned, save the money and don't get the 22's. You will ding them like the other person said...and I've seen >10% range hit.

If you get the 22" you could probably sell or trade them to get the 20" wheels if Tesla can't swap them out. We've sold 8 sets of wheels for people who wanted to upgrade and swapped many sets of wheels and tires ourselves.

The Model X that we are selling only has the 20" wheels but doesn't include the free supercharging because it doesn't transfer. It does have Autopilot 3...

Reactions: Zaxxon