TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Should I cancel my reservation?

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by cizUK, Aug 1, 2018.

1. cizUK

cizUK Member

What would the reservation actually do?

Being in the UK I won't be getting the Model 3 until early to late 2019 (depending on who you listen to) and by that time Tesla will likely be at a rate of around 8000 model 3s per week.
    The difference between the reservations and the general public will probably be a week, if at all.

Anyone else in a similar situation?

• Like x 1
  2. derekmw

derekmw Member

You don't know whether it will be beneficial to have the reservation or not at this time, so why not hold on until you know for sure you won't be buying a Tesla. It's money you can get back at anytime you need it. Unless you have a dying need to invest this $1k somewhere else that will make you some good money. :p

• Like x 1
    • Disagree x 1
  3. PhilDavid

PhilDavid Member

They may at some point decide not to offer a $35,000 configuration to anyone unless they have a reservation. If they increase the base price, they will still likely honor the $35,000 base price to reservation holders.

Also for international customers, reservation holders will likely get their cars months ahead because they usually ship cars in batches.

That's really the only benefit I can think of.

4. Runt8

Runt8 Active Member

Cancelling won't get you your Model 3 any sooner. So you need to weigh the possibility of getting your car soonest (which may or may not be a significant amount of time) vs having $1000.

5. brobinson

brobinson Member

Being in the UK and not having any idea how they will handle ordering/delivery would be enough for me to keep the reservation if I were in your shoes.

6. skitown

skitown Supporting Member

I'm getting 1% in a money market. That's a cool $10 for a year. I would keep the reservation.

• Funny x 1
  7. Zaxxon

Zaxxon Supporting Member

8. Twiglett

Twiglett Single pedal driver

as @Runt8 says.
    Cancelling now means that you will definitely not get your car early - on the off chance that it might not make a difference.
    On those odds I wouldn't - but if you need the cash go for it