TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Should I cancel my reservation?

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by cizUK, Aug 1, 2018.

  1. cizUK

    cizUK Member

    Joined:
    Mar 13, 2017
    Messages:
    222
    Location:
    UK
    What would the reservation actually do?

    Being in the UK I won't be getting the Model 3 until early to late 2019 (depending on who you listen to) and by that time Tesla will likely be at a rate of around 8000 model 3s per week.
    The difference between the reservations and the general public will probably be a week, if at all.

    Anyone else in a similar situation?
     
    • Like x 1
  2. derekmw

    derekmw Member

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2016
    Messages:
    259
    Location:
    San Diego, CA
    You don't know whether it will be beneficial to have the reservation or not at this time, so why not hold on until you know for sure you won't be buying a Tesla. It's money you can get back at anytime you need it. Unless you have a dying need to invest this $1k somewhere else that will make you some good money. :p
     
    • Like x 1
    • Disagree x 1
  3. PhilDavid

    PhilDavid Member

    Joined:
    May 22, 2018
    Messages:
    545
    Location:
    Philadelphia
    They may at some point decide not to offer a $35,000 configuration to anyone unless they have a reservation. If they increase the base price, they will still likely honor the $35,000 base price to reservation holders.

    Also for international customers, reservation holders will likely get their cars months ahead because they usually ship cars in batches.

    That's really the only benefit I can think of.
     
  4. Runt8

    Runt8 Active Member

    Joined:
    May 19, 2017
    Messages:
    1,401
    Location:
    Colorado
    Cancelling won't get you your Model 3 any sooner. So you need to weigh the possibility of getting your car soonest (which may or may not be a significant amount of time) vs having $1000.
     
  5. brobinson

    brobinson Member

    Joined:
    May 23, 2018
    Messages:
    314
    Location:
    Ohio
    Being in the UK and not having any idea how they will handle ordering/delivery would be enough for me to keep the reservation if I were in your shoes.
     
  6. skitown

    skitown Supporting Member

    Joined:
    Dec 28, 2015
    Messages:
    707
    Location:
    Central Idaho, U.S.A, Earth
    I'm getting 1% in a money market. That's a cool $10 for a year. I would keep the reservation.
     
    • Funny x 1
  7. Zaxxon

    Zaxxon Supporting Member

    Joined:
    Dec 11, 2012
    Messages:
    2,361
    Location:
    Colorado
  8. Twiglett

    Twiglett Single pedal driver

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2014
    Messages:
    1,885
    Location:
    Austin
    as @Runt8 says.
    Cancelling now means that you will definitely not get your car early - on the off chance that it might not make a difference.
    On those odds I wouldn't - but if you need the cash go for it
     

Share This Page

  • About Us

    Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.
  • Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.


    SUPPORT TMC