Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Should I chase delivery date?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My estimated delivery date was between 24th August and 1st September. Text message received today, delivery scheduled for this Friday (17th)! Woohoo!

Model 3 LR @ Mulgrave, VIC
Congrats! I assume you mean the 27th.
I am still waiting for Invoicing, not sure how it can take a week to create an invoice, I check every few days but keep being told the delay is just the quantity of invoices being prepared. Still hoping for delivery next week...

Reactions: demaw
Sorry to hear that Blurry and Gayle.

I wasnt expting it until next week but the sms just arrieived and organised delivery for Wednesday (1st). Which is going to be interesting because they still haven’t generated my invoice yet, so I have no way to pay. Had another talk to them and there is nothing they can do, the invoice will come when its ready.

I have to say that for a technology company their ordering process has been very underwhelming, multiple issues with the accounts web site, delays at every step, sms reminders for things that had already been done etc… Who knows what next week will bring.

Good luck to those picking cars up next week! 😊 I hope I am actually one of them.

Congrats Blurry! I got my "paid" invoice today and was able to use that to register the car remotely (ACT is in lockdown) which will take 5 days. All I know now is that I have to wait for the freighter to contact me and damn it... the phone's not ringing! So close and yet still so far! Another round of Teslacam perhaps?

Collected mine today and Mulgrave has so…so many cars (some 40+) waiting for their mum and dad! Hope all of you waiting for delivery will get a text soon!

Attachments

• C4FA5770-DCE7-4260-AF5C-5FF7A6E3555F.jpeg
    C4FA5770-DCE7-4260-AF5C-5FF7A6E3555F.jpeg
    622.1 KB · Views: 72
*sugar*???? That is not what I actually said... fill in the gap guys!
So great to hear @Gayle S please enjoy your new gogomobile!

Can I please ask a favour - can someone who has received their car very recently please take a photo of the front and rear number plates to show clearly how they are attached to the mounting bracket? (Feel free to DM these to me as you probably won't be able to obfuscate them)

I am planning to take delivery with standard plates then add my own custom ones, but need to work out if this will require drilling or not as I hope to do it in the VicRoads car park on the way home.

Cheers

So great to hear @Gayle S please enjoy your new gogomobile!

Can I please ask a favour - can someone who has received their car very recently please take a photo of the front and rear number plates to show clearly how they are attached to the mounting bracket? (Feel free to DM these to me as you probably won't be able to obfuscate them)

I am planning to take delivery with standard plates then add my own custom ones, but need to work out if this will require drilling or not as I hope to do it in the VicRoads car park on the way home.

Cheers
Tesla are installing my Standard sized custom plates at pick up. They are also taking them off my trade in first. VicRoads cant print my plates in slim because the combination includes a mix of leters and numbers which is only avaliable on full size plates. I have no idea what this will look like, but its the free option to try first and if it looks bad I will have to consider changing plates. I was worried about mounting them too. I will be able to send you a pic after wednesday pickup (if they get me an invoice so I can pay before then).

Tesla are installing my Standard sized custom plates at pick up. They are also taking them off my trade in first. VicRoads cant print my plates in slim because the combination includes a mix of leters and numbers which is only avaliable on full size plates. I have no idea what this will look like, but its the free option to try first and if it looks bad I will have to consider changing plates. I was worried about mounting them too. I will be able to send you a pic after wednesday pickup (if they get me an invoice so I can pay before then).
Thanks @Bluey for the offer, however no need as I also have pick up on Wednesday 🤞🏻

I actually would like to see how Tesla are mounting what they call their standard plates, which are actually black/white slimline. My plates are the same but I am concerned they may be drilling two holes right through the middle of them which I won't be able to easily do in a car park.

Sorry Bluey, I can't help as I'm not able to register the car as yet due to the ACT lockdown - it will sit in the garage until then and I swear it will not be driven around the very small block ;):cool: