Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Should I chase delivery date?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
136E362D-5764-47C4-9F54-DCF562DAB4A2.jpeg
2A574AC7-CBA6-4CC1-B201-3B3C94BC58A8.jpeg
8FD2611A-1029-4B58-AE22-8D213B75FB88.jpeg

Here you go, hope these help.

Reactions: blurrybird
Yes, I too got that email. However, the first available delivery date for my allocated 3LR is two weeks from today. So, it seems like they have somewhat of a queue (at least in NSW). Not surprising as most people were waiting for today as the earliest payment date.

And for closure of my Saga. This might help someone one day…

11:30AM on the 31-st I finally had the invoice, so 24.5 hours before scheduled pick up.

11:35AM Received an SMS saying they had moved my pickup to the 2nd.

12:00 PM Loan documents were sent to me and my wife for digital signing.

12:10 PM submitted signed documents. Called Pepper Money about settlement ETA, was told if pickup is tomorrow then settlement can still happen before then.

12:15 PM Called Tesla Rep. He apologised for the move of pickup date, I said that it wasn’t really fair since it was Tesla’s issue taking so long to generate an invoice and if settlement happens today can we move the pickup back to the 1st. (I had organised the day off and was quite annoyed at the invoice delay).

12:30 PM He called me back and said that would be fine. If it settles today they would give me my 1st 12PM pickup back. If it settled overnight then they would let me pick it up on the 1st when they could fit me in.

4:00 PM Call from Telsa Operations. Everything settled, however truck just arrived and asked if they could have another hour tomorrow so 1PM pickup on the 1st.

1-Sep 1PM. Pickup went well,they had some trouble removing the one way security screws from my front plates which gave me an extra 10 mins to sit in the new car. I think the full sized custom plates actually look quite good, the blue is almost an extract match to the car and they found some plate holders which covers up some small scratches from the drill they used. They just use the top 2 holes already on the plates.

Very Very happy with the car. Small issue with the carpet in the boot, its almost a little big and bows out a bit, but everything else is perfect. Panel gaps look fine etc…

20210901_152658 - Copy.jpg