Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Should I Correct This Tire Rotation Pattern?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had my tires rotated for free at a Les Schwabb tire center. I mistakenly told them to use this pattern:

Screen Shot 2022-06-27 at 8.43.52 AM.jpg

My Vredestein tires are not unidirectional, so I should have requested the pattern on the left:

Screen Shot 2022-06-27 at 8.45.19 AM.jpg

At this point, should I:

1. Fuggetaboutit. Doesn't matter much
or
2. Swap the left and right rear tires?

For fellow information junkies:

235/45R-18 VREDESTEIN QUATRAC PRO XL installed 7/30/2021 at 24,550 miles (alignment checked: perfect).
Above rotation performed on 5/1/2022 at 42,683 miles.
On 5/23/2022, 44,005 miles, Tesla measured the tread depths as this:

Screen Shot 2022-06-27 at 9.03.20 AM.jpg

The current odometer: 45,354 miles.

Thanks.

Doesn’t matter, save it for next time.

Also, take Tesla’s tread depth measurements with a grain of salt. Sometimes, they just ballpark it based on quick visual checks; especially mobile techs when car’s in a garage (against a wall).

You dont have uneven lateral wear. So theres no point in swapping left vs right now.

Rears wear faster than fronts for your car. Now the rears are marginally fresher, and will be even with the front shortly. So also no worries.

Fuggedaboudit. Front-Rear rotation is fine. When radial tires were "new" on the market (late 60s through 70s), that was the ONLY recommended rotation, as the conventional wisdom was they took a 'rotational set'. Dunno if the change in recommendations is based on new design or just more experience...