TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Should I expect Tesla to fix this?

Discussion in 'Model 3: Interior & Exterior' started by miltymoots, Aug 14, 2018.

1. miltymoots

miltymoots Member

I took delivery on 2nd (12 days ago) and over time I’ve noticed a few of these paint dimples that I didn’t notice on delivery.

Should I expect Tesla to fix these no questions? Clearly I didn’t cause them but wondered how I should approach if they are Tesla responsibility?

DDA4C2AC-FAC8-4E69-8B5B-D01EFA3E702A.jpeg

2. AnarchyEOD

AnarchyEOD Member

They’ve been pretty good about things like that. Give them a ring.

3. TaoJones

TaoJones Beyond Driven

Absolutely.

4. miltymoots

miltymoots Member

Do these paint things have an official name? :p

5. Thomas Edison

Thomas Edison Active Member

Imperfections

Kidding, they are called fisheyes

• Informative x 1
  6. miltymoots

miltymoots Member

Thanks! I assume I should call my local service center or something else?

7. Thomas Edison

Thomas Edison Active Member

Yep, give them a call.

8. dek526

dek526 Member

i would think so...

9. Radmanz

Radmanz New Member

They absolutely will , I had same issue and they repainted defective areas.

10. RedSafari

RedSafari Member

If it were mine, I’d save Tesla (and myself) a bunch of time and let it be. Makes the car a bit unique :)

• Love x 1
  11. Linkeds2

Linkeds2 Member

I disagree lol. Once you notice it. It’s hard to adore the cars paint and quality because you’ll see it again when the sun hits it just right.

However. OP, if the body shop needs to repaint the entire panel. I’d just live it. Once a panel is repainted. It’ll always stand out from the rest of the car. (Either from different shade or the orange peel is more aggressive in the repainted panel

12. Adam3

Adam3 Member

That is pretty tiny. I'd be more concerned the new paint wouldn't match as well or it would have other issues. But you should be fine with a reputable body shop. If you are fixating on it definitely have it addressed.

• Like x 1
  13. gundamz44

gundamz44 Why Not?

Is it recommended to install PPF right after delivery or should a person wait a period for imperfections to show before installing PPF?

14. rdlink

rdlink Member

I am no expert on this, but I would think that the imperfections "will show" if you take it to a bright area and go over it with a fine tooth comb.

Alternatively, if you take it to a reputable/very good detailer who does PPF they will probably be able to spot the imperfections pretty easily, and let you know which ones they can take out with paint correction vs. which ones would need actual repairs from Tesla. IMO you should not work with a detailer who doesn't do paint correction before installing PPF.

15. Xenius

Xenius Member

I think if you're cool about it and talk to them they'll work with you. I can also completely understand not catching those on delivery.

Just be a decent person when you inquire and I expect they'll treat you right.