Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Should I get a Roadster?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looking forward to joining the rest of you. We're waiting for the delivery of my wife's #78 in Signature Green any day now from Fremont...

it was a good hung that BMW's i3 was NOT aesthetically pleasing to her, otherwise a CPO Roadster would not have been an option when I turn in my Active E to BMW next year...

I'm going to need to ask to be shown how to close the trunk... Looks like you work one corner down, then the other, but I wasn't really paying attention.

Stepping in and out is going to be a challenge.

Dennis (waiting on #78 Roadster and delayed our S to November)

I'm going to need to ask to be shown how to close the trunk...

Looks like Tesla old How-To videos are still online: 2010 Roadster Exterior Walkthrough - YouTube

Notice that he uses one hand UNDER the wing in the center to lower the hood, then the other hand to engage one side lock, then over to the other side to engage its lock.

My car had a trunk that would engage both locks from the center - but the gaps looked awful. I had them fix the gaps and now it's not quite so smooth. When I have a day to waste, I'll twiddle the locks on each side to see if I get that smoothness back.

When you have the trunk open, note where the latches are. Your hand should ideally press down right on top of them.

And as smorg says don't push the hood down via the wing. It may look odd but it's perfectly acceptable to push it down from the side, where your hand needs to be to latch it anyway.