Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Should I get Model Y (Model 3 2022 LR owner)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got Model 3 LR last year in May.
With the latest drop in prices of Model Y, I got interested in getting the Y because of all the cargo space and elevated seats as I have recently developed a bad back issue.
The reason I am on the fence is, Model 3 LR 2022 is giving a trade in value of ~32-35k (which I originally bought for ~51k + 3k (red paint) + tax +financing overhead), which is pretty low compared to what the used car prices were last year. Model Y is ~50k + tax right now, but me and wife combined don't qualify for the $7,500 EV credit. So will have to pay the full amount for the car. This means a loss of 20-25k by driving the car for only 1 year. I would have taken the hit and bought Model Y, but I have been hearing news of HW4.0 and Project Juniper coming out late next year or so which would be a much better car to get. Plus the Model Y doesn't have the ultrasonic parking sensors which my Model 3 2022 LR has.

So, should I bite the bullet and get the Model Y, or should I wait a year and half and see where things are, and then get the Y (or maybe the Cybertruck). Nothing major has changed in our life, other than me developing a bad back and it gets hard at times getting in and out of Model 3 due to how low the seats are. Already have an order placed, so will end up loosing $250, which isn't as huge as commiting to something which doesnt give a lot of value and causes over 20k loss.