Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Should I get white interior?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
6 months in with white seats, no stains or dye transfer. I wear jeans almost every day and have transported kids ages 6 to 16 back and forth from school, soccer practice and track practice. Seats still look amazing.

I applied Gyeon Q2 Leather Shield to every white surface the day after I drove it home. Aside from a dark spot from a cleat that took some elbow grease to get off, everything has easily wiped off with non-abrasive cleaners.

It really doesn’t take any more effort to keep them looking good than the black seats I had on my previous M3. Like others have said, the black seats will show light-colored dust and oils much more easily.

Reactions: DwightKSchrute
I love the look of the white interior but it does stain. I went with black for this reason. If you wear blue jeans a lot expect the seats to stain from them if you get the white.
I wear blue jeans regularly...not even the slightest stain. Living in Texas with 100F days quite common and with sweaty ol' me climbing in and out of the car, the seats look remarkably like brand new. Added to the fact that white reflects the sunlight the interior stays a LOT cooler than my old black one. Get white, its a cut above the black!

I’ve seen a number of Model 3s with the black interior and almost always, the seats have dust, creases, and shiny patches.

My white interior has none of those ailments, so I think the people concerned that the white will ‘show every mark’ or ‘stain easily’ are perhaps forgetting how much black will show dust and imperfections. I actually think the white interior is the more practical of the two.

I also think the black would be more convincing if it had more of a leather-like texture. The white is so white, no precedent really exists (you don’t expect it to look like leather, but strangely some people still think it is).

-Alex
You know it’s funny you said that EVERYONE comments on how WHITE the white is!
I even had two different people at two different times both say you don’t get this bright a white usually.
That each said Most white interiors are like cream or ivory not this pure (it’s my first white interior so I don’t know)

Reactions: alexGS and Darmie
Yes. I love the white with blue exterior, and the white looks new after 2 years. Also, it keeps the interior much cooler than the black, especially after sitting in the Texas sun for hours.
I think this is the best combination on a model 3 or Y.

I have the Y in black and as mention, there is small grey or white staining that appears. Black still requires to be cleaned. It may hide the dirt a bit more than white but you still have to keep them clean. White interior IMO always looks more classy than the dark. Tesla has done a great job with white interior holding up to the daily harsh driving elements. Other than Tesla, you really don't see that many car manufactures offering white.

Reactions: alexGS
A lot of these posts are reassuring my decision in ordering the white interior and good tip with keeping baby wipes handy.

I’m considering getting a ceramic coating to my seats at the same time the exterior gets done.

I like the black interior for two reasons. I did not want to worry about stains, etc. on the white. The other is that I have big preference for the wood dash. It is not as elegant as the wood in some other cars (ie. Audi) but it is nice and a refreshing soft-on-the-eyes visual element. It sort of seems retro analog in otherwise digital car (and digital age). And BTW, I DO like the screen controlling most things (some I would rather it didn't), so I am not bothered by the digital nature of the car.

2.5 years with white interior and 3 kids on the back seat. No problems at all beside seatbelt color transfer at the shoulder height where it sits on the back seat.
Is there anything I can do to stop this seat belt transfer happening to begin with? Seems common and if I can avoid it I will try.

Reactions: Ajlepore
Reactions: DM221291