Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Should I go to a Tesla SC for tire alignment and front axle check?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello all,
I got an M3 in 2020 and recently took too sharp and too fast a turn, and mounted a curb. No body damage, but the front left tire dropped to 22 psi and after a fill-up with a portable pump and drive home, the car's alignment is very off-axis and now a bunch of features are disabled: Lane Departure Avoidance, Stability control, Regenerative braking, Automatic Emergency Braking, and is reporting steering alignment is needed.
There is no physical damage I can see, and the pressures are holding.

I read some threads here and thought to ask whether I should take it to a Tesla SC since I should still be in warranty. However, appointments are a month away and the car is not safe to drive regularly.

Should I take it to a Tesla SC directly without appointment or somewhere local? I live near Riverside in California, but I'm not sure where I could get serviced locally.

Would it count as an accident if there was no collision? There was no physical contact with anything, and the curb had a bit of a slope to it.

If they ask you "did you hit something" it would be better to say the exact thing you said here, vs "No", in an attempt to get it covered. They will be able to tell damage from impact, and you will lose any credibility otherwise.

I am not suggesting you were going to do that, just pointing out that hitting something hard enough to knock that much air out of your tire probably has some other noticeable damage, and accidents are not covered as others said. Not telling them wont make it covered, or make them not notice it, stuff like that, was the point I was trying to make.

Last edited: