Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Should I have access [to PV + powerwalls in tesla app after install - Resolved]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello everybody,

I have a question.

I have my installation of the solar panels + power wall done to 2 day ago. They commission everything on the end of the day and everything was working properly.
Now when i try ADD my system to my app its telling me that my system is already register and i have to swap ownership ???!?!?

Tesla project manager telling me that i have to wait for PTO to get access to control my wall. But when i talked to the installers they said that i should have access right away to see and change setting on the power wall side.

Im not interesting to sending any energy to the grid. What i want is just control how everything is working.

Did any of you guys have similar problem ? Did you guys had access to your power walls after installation right away ? or you have to wait unlit PTO get approved?

thank you.

everything was done then Tesla

I apologize for seeming dense, but I dont understand this statement at all. "Everything was done then tesla " (what?) Did you mean "I purchased the system directly from Tesla, not a third party, and everything was done by Tesla"?

If thats the case, then it should have shown up in your account before they left that day, without you attempting to "Add" anything to your tesla account.... Unless the order was not placed under your email address.

If the system was done by tesla itself, was the order placed under your email address (are you the owner of record) or was it placed under another family member (spouse, parent, etc). if YOU are the person on the contract, and YOU are the email address of record, it should have shown up in your account before they left if it was tesla.

If, however, you are NOT the person who is actually buying the system (on the contract), then you will not be able to add any additional users until after the system receives full PTO.

I apologize for seeming dense, but I dont understand this statement at all. "Everything was done then tesla " (what?) Did you mean "I purchased the system directly from Tesla, not a third party, and everything was done by Tesla"?

If thats the case, then it should have shown up in your account before they left that day, without you attempting to "Add" anything to your tesla account.... Unless the order was not placed under your email address.

If the system was done by tesla itself, was the order placed under your email address (are you the owner of record) or was it placed under another family member (spouse, parent, etc). if YOU are the person on the contract, and YOU are the email address of record, it should have shown up in your account before they left if it was tesla.

If, however, you are NOT the person who is actually buying the system (on the contract), then you will not be able to add any additional users until after the system receives full PTO.
Im sorry for bad wording, i meant by Tesla did whole work. i purchase this system from tesla.com and they send tesla autorize team to make the installation.

It is not showing in my account. When i open mobile app from tesla the only thing i have is my model X. And when i try to add it to mu account, it is saying that is already registered and i need to call tesla to transfer ownership.

Yes, i am the owner of the record. I place the order for my new house for installation with my email address. Installers was saying that i could be up to 72h before i can see it in my app, And they just left.

• Informative
Reactions: jjrandorin
So after almost an 1.5h on the phone, Now I have access to the app. Long story short someone messed up my email address during commission the system and that is way I did not receive email after they finished everything. Word of advice make sure they have and put your email correctly.

Thanks for the follow up.

I was going to reply earlier but got busy at work. I thought it was very strange for a tesla install by tesla to not have access in the app before they left. Shame on the install crew for not verifying the information before they left.