Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Should I have basic AP?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got my Model S in June. According to the Tesla site:

Do all cars have Autopilot?
All new Tesla cars come standard with Autopilot as of April 2019, which includes Traffic-Aware Cruise Control and Autosteer.

You can purchase Autopilot or Full Self-Driving Capability at any time through your Tesla Account – and the Autopilot software required will be added to your car. Log into your account, then select 'Manage' for the Model of choice. Scroll down to 'Shop' and then select 'Autopilot Upgrades.'
This is clearly not talking about the hardware which can handle AP. It says I should have it as a standard feature. Yet I do not.

Any thoughts?

OK, thanks all! I'll try to answer all the comments.

Firstly, it looks like the build date is 3/19 (!). So the vehicle sat in a Tesla lot for three months before I came along. :( I ordered it on 5/29 and took delivery shortly thereafter. On the basis of that, I suspect I am being denied AP, although it should really have been disclosed to me I think.

I cannot order EAP. Only AP and FSD are offered ($3k and $9k respectively).

AP is not listed in the PO. Would it be if the car were April build?

Exterior
Solid Black Paint

21" Sonic Carbon Twin Turbine Wheels

Interior
Premium Upgrades Package

Options
No Battery Performance

Autopilot Hardware​

And yes, it is new.

Do you know if anyone has successfully argued a case like this with Tesla?

It appears you bought an inventory car built before Tesla changed AP policy, did they tell you basic AP was included? I would assume they should at least give you a choice to buy EAP for 5K because I think that was the cost before basic AP. Did you get a discount for an inventory car? You should have inquired and negotiated for free basic AP before you placed your order for an inventory car if AP is important to you. I would also assume your purchase agreement would show if it is included, did you check your purchase agreement?

id read the contract closely and carefully. if they slid an inventory car in on you, and their advertising made it feel/sound like you should have had AP and such, you might have some kind of leg/case. otherwise they might have used language in the contract that was protective in this regard. its all case by case.

When I was looking around the 1st week of April, they would add and remove features like FSD and Autopilot depending on when you looked at an inventory car. I had examples of both types of builds sent to me.