Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Should I have my 2021 M3 SR+ looked at before 2500 mile road trip?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello, TMC!

We are loving our 2021 M3 SR+ that we picked up in Mid December 2020. We have already had one 3000+mile road trip from Chicago to Florida and back. We are excited to put it through another one in mid September to South Dakota/Wyoming (2500+miles round trip). We have not have any issues with the car yet, but would anyone recommend having Tesla take a look at it before our upcoming trip?

If so, would this "check-up" be covered by our warranty (e.g. free)? We have about 9200 miles on the car so far.

Thanks!

Ron

• Funny
Reactions: outdoors and cdswm3
Wow, @Big Earl that's quite the package. It looks like it would make for golden warm private sleeping in the car. Nice. Where do you store them when you're driving?

@TLLMRRJ you're right, a one-piece that's made to fit a Tesla is much better. One key thing is having a cutout in the top to accept the unique Tesla rear view mirror assembly, with e.g. a velcro strip to enclose it.

I'm disbursement-challenged so I ended up with an $18 one that fits ok so far. Since the hoops have to be rounded, there are little skirt areas in the corners that you mush against the windshield to fully cover the corners. More like their 3rd image on Amazon than their first image, which suggests a rigid black rectangular frame. It's functional, but there's no rectangular frame. All this Chinese stuff somehow borders on deceptive.

I'm curious. Does yours completely cover the whole windshield as soon as you've popped it open?

Folding these screens to fit the storage bag is a hilarious magic trick at first. I love the reviews where they say that folding it is IMPOSSIBLE, so they are returning it. The best tip I saw was starting with one hand thumb up and the other thumb down.

Upvote 0
Wow, @Big Earl that's quite the package. It looks like it would make for golden warm private sleeping in the car. Nice. Where do you store them when you're driving?
You've identified the main shortcoming of this kit ... it takes up a lot of storage space. They roll up in sets (front windows, rear windows, etc) and end up taking up a lot of space in the trunk. If I'm just running around town, I'll usually toss the side window shades in the back seat and roll up the windshield shade. If we're on a road trip, I'll keep them rolled up in the trunk or leave the ones at home that I don't think I'll use.

And yes - they're great for sleeping in the car as they block out most of the light. For a stealthier car camping experience, flip them around so the black side faces out. This was my primary motivator for getting this particular kit.

Upvote 0