Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Should I keep my SR+ order, or Re lease another BMW 330?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Last update
I went BMW.

After factoring in the upfront cost for EV charger installation and procurement, my actual government rebate trickled down to $3K since the Tesla SR+ payments were 80$ higher than the 2021 BMW 330i xdrive. Since the 2021 BMW Lease term is shorter, it came down literally to a difference of $10 , between both car monthly payments.

BMW has the AWD, heating seats, heated steering wheel, LED FOG lights, android auto and car play, and it's a BMW. I just thought of that cold February night, driving in -16 degrees Celsius weather and it's starts to snow heavily. I don't want to be in a SR+ and have to worry about range and the RWD. Additionally, my driving pattern may change as I will likely have to do long road trips for business travel where I'll just expense the gas. If I lived in a warmer climate, I'd hands down get the SR+.
I think this was a sensible choice. The BMW is a great car (as is the Tesla) but a pure EV doesn't appear to make sense for your situation at this time.

As a BMW driver for many years, I couldn’t personally imagine having to make a decision between a BMW and a Tesla onve I’ve driven an owned a Tesla. If its even a question question for you, I think it’s because you want the BMW. Get what you really want.

As a BMW driver for many years, I couldn’t personally imagine having to make a decision between a BMW and a Tesla onve I’ve driven an owned a Tesla. If its even a question question for you, I think it’s because you want the BMW. Get what you really want.
I see that you're in Florida. Here's our winter. I would rather have an AWD, especially if it's my only car. Sadly, I don't have the budget for the M3 LR AWD right now.

Last edited:
As a BMW and a Tesla owner (see pic), I did not think I would have such a hard time letting go of the BMWs.

I've driven and owned both, for many years (decades), and (the real) ///M3 still gives me a thrill every time I drive it: precise handling and responsiveness, intuitive steering wheel feedback, interior ergonomics (superb seats that hug you from all sides, functional and informative instrument cluster, proper Heads Up Display with tons of information, including navigation directions, etc.). Everything fits like a glove, and all driver-facing interfaces are intuitive and are optimized for driver's needs.

I actually had tried selling it right at the start of the pandemic, but glad that I never got a serious offer. I'm super happy that it's still in my garage.

TM3P is a better daily driver / winter beater,
But for fun drives and weekend adventures, nothing beats a real engaging sports car.
Go test drive one (///M3, P-car, etc.), and you will understand.

a

As a BMW and a Tesla owner (see pic), I did not think I would have such a hard time letting go of the BMWs.

I've driven and owned both, for many years (decades), and (the real) ///M3 still gives me a thrill every time I drive it: precise handling and responsiveness, intuitive steering wheel feedback, interior ergonomics (superb seats that hug you from all sides, functional and informative instrument cluster, proper Heads Up Display with tons of information, including navigation directions, etc.). Everything fits like a glove, and all driver-facing interfaces are intuitive and are optimized for driver's needs.

I actually had tried selling it right at the start of the pandemic, but glad that I never got a serious offer. I'm super happy that it's still in my garage.

TM3P is a better daily driver / winter beater,
But for fun drives and weekend adventures, nothing beats a real engaging sports car.
Go test drive one (///M3, P-car, etc.), and you will understand.

a
I mentioned in my post, that I owned BMWs for years (decades for me, too). Loved em. That all changed the moment I test drive, let alone ordered and received, my Tesla Mosel 3 Performance. No looking back for me.

Last update
I went BMW.

After factoring in the upfront cost for EV charger installation and procurement, my actual government rebate trickled down to $3K since the Tesla SR+ payments were 80$ higher than the 2021 BMW 330i xdrive. Since the 2021 BMW Lease term is shorter, it came down literally to a difference of $10 , between both car monthly payments.

BMW has the AWD, heating seats, heated steering wheel, LED FOG lights, android auto and car play, and it's a BMW. I just thought of that cold February night, driving in -16 degrees Celsius weather and it's starts to snow heavily. I don't want to be in a SR+ and have to worry about range and the RWD. Additionally, my driving pattern may change as I will likely have to do long road trips for business travel where I'll just expense the gas. If I lived in a warmer climate, I'd hands down get the SR+.
Thanks for killing the planet. :D

/s

Last edited:
  • Disagree
  • Funny
Reactions: afadeev and WhiteWi
It doesn't make sense to me. With BMW 330 series, the option to add AWD is an extra $2000 CAD. With the Tesla Model 3, if I want AWD and that additional 140KM, it's an extra $25K CAD. What is Elon thinking here. Such a huge price in gap for these extra 'premium' features, which the BMW 330i xdrive has already.

It doesn't make sense to me.

Thanks for killing the planet.

/s
1631024660649.png

• Funny
Reactions: afadeev
It doesn't make sense to me. With BMW 330 series, the option to add AWD is an extra $2000 CAD. With the Tesla Model 3, if I want AWD and that additional 140KM, it's an extra $25K CAD. What is Elon thinking here. Such a huge price in gap for these extra 'premium' features, which the BMW 330i xdrive has already.

It doesn't make sense to me.
It's the Canadian government's policy causing this. Their rebate is for such a low priced EV that Tesla had to 'make' a special Model 3 that fit under that cost. That's why the LR is such a big jump in cost because the SR is artificially low in cost.

It's the Canadian government's policy causing this. Their rebate is for such a low priced EV that Tesla had to 'make' a special Model 3 that fit under that cost. That's why the LR is such a big jump in cost because the SR is artificially low in cost.
Yes, exactly! Here in Quebec, the SR+ qualifies for the $5000 federal rebate and the $8000 provincial rebate, meanwhile the LR AWD, not a penny less.

/rant