Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Should I leave my Model 3 plugged in while on 10 day vacation?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Taking a 10 day vacation in my air breathing gas guzzling RV. Should I leave our trusty Model 3 LR plugged in during the time it is parked in the garage?

Searching TMC for the exact phrase "should I leave it plugged in on vacation" returns these results. These existing threads might have some feedback for you.

TL;DR = The manual says yes, leave it plugged in. If you are only going for 10 days it wont matter, as long as you dont have anything on that would drain the battery (like sentry mode, or cabin overheat protection, or standby summon). There really isnt any reason to NOT plug it in, and set it to somewhere between 50-70%.

For more than that, there is plenty of feedback in the threads below.

I can't find it in my owners manual. I searched for "vacation", read the whole section about charging, browsed for possibilities in the table of contents. NADA.
I’m guessing those Where’s Waldo books weren’t too kind to you either? ;)

86CAEED0-06DF-409F-AD7C-F06E262DD37B.jpeg

For 10 days it wouldn't make much difference. Assuming your sentry is off inside your garage you probably won't lose more than 5% if that. I work from home and my car loses 1-2% a week sitting in the garage. If it's for several months personally I would plug it in charging to only 50%.

Reactions: CSOTH7
Interesting and good to know. I’ll be gone for 15 days and leave in my condo garage, however, plugging it is not an option for me. I hope it does not damage it 🥺
As long as you dont leave sentry mode or cabin overheat protection on, and dont "let me check on the car and see how much miles I lost" constantly, you will be more than fine.

You will lose like 1-2 miles a day, provided you dont check on it all the time or leave anything that drains the car on.

I was gone for 10 days and just left it plugged in with 80% max limit.
I have a 2022 RWD with LFP battery. Tesla recommends charging to 100% at least once a week.
I will be gone for 4 weeks in November. So what % of charge is good for the battery?
I know staying at 100% of charge for 4 weeks is not good for the battery.
Thanks in advance for any suggestions :)