TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Should I Livestream Model 3 Event???

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by DrivingTheFuture, Jul 20, 2017.

Tags:
  1. DrivingTheFuture

I figure Tesla will be doing their own...but it could be fun to be "in the crowd" in moments leading up to the remarks. Just curious how many of you would watch... If I get a lot of interest Ill bring spare batteries and a selfie stick and share the link here :)

• Like x 10
  2. AssortedBread

AssortedBread Member

Please don't livestream.

Like you said Tesla has their own livestream. And I hate to break it to you but mobile live stream video quality is horrid. Few people will give up watching a professionally set up, multiple camera, live stream for a hand held single point-of-view low res stream.

Get high res photos and videos for the historical record! Things that ordinary people wouldn't document, like important audience members, get a video of Franz von Holzhausen (My man crush) or the location itself.

And most importantly if you are filming move the camera around twice as slowly as you think is necessary. The footage is then usable in the far of future. (Stays nice and crispy)

• Like x 7
    • Helpful x 1
  3. Muhammad

Muhammad Member

Please do, esp before the formal remarks begin so that those of us who aren't attending can have something to do between 7-9 :)

I'll bet you you'll get thousands of people watching regardless seeing how highly anticipated this event is

• Like x 7
  4. 0ptions

0ptions Member

I would watch if you live streamed any of it. I'd have both yours and Tesla's open (on desktop).

• Like x 6
  5. dpodoll

dpodoll Member

I'll watch...

• Like x 1
  6. JeffK

JeffK Well-Known Member

I won't watch a livestream because I'll be watching Tesla's. However, I do try to go to youtube and immediately look for videos of people's experiences if they've been on a test drive, etc. If you upload searchable videos on Youtube that night, I will see them.

• Like x 5
  7. Trips

Trips Member

I would watch some of the stuff before the professional video turns on. It is kind of cool to see the area like the Model S 1st deliveries video.

Just make sure to play some space-age type music on a loop and start 15 minutes later then you say.

• Funny x 4
    • Like x 2
  8. 0ptions

0ptions Member

Also, I would like your stream available in case the main Tesla stream gets overloaded.

9. JeffK

JeffK Well-Known Member

This is a horrifying apocalyptic scenario.... the mere thought of this happening will give me nightmares until Friday night.

• Funny x 5
    • Like x 1
  10. Stolz25

Stolz25 Member

Yes please do! If you can, bring and iPad so you fully block out the view of the people behind you when you hold it up over your head. And make sure you don't enjoy the event because you are too busy filming it.

• Funny x 7
  11. 0ptions

0ptions Member

He should actually bring a laptop and live stream it from the front facing camera. This should ensure great connectivity and quality.
    If possible, even bring a cart with a battery powered desktop computer and attach a web cam to an extendable selfie stick.

12. Petra

Petra Member

Since I'm not going to be at the event, I've been considering streaming live commentary of the event over Twitch (so, doing a little pre-show, then incorporating Tesla's event stream into my own with commentary, and then doing a post-presentation wrap-up)... but to make it really work, I'd need a co-host. Most of the other YouTubers are going to be at the event, which makes the co-host search a little more difficult.

• Like x 1
  13. Randy Spencer

Randy Spencer Member

I have only watched YouTube videos of the past events, where will it be live streamed? Tesla.com? I know Apple will put up a page for their events, is it the same?

-Randy

14. 0ptions

0ptions Member

I am going to guess the Tesla YouTube channel, similar to how SpaceX live streams launches from the SpaceX channel.
    Once I found out more details, I will certainly share!!

15. AssortedBread

AssortedBread Member

Its just like apple. Highly professional stream right on the their website.

• Informative x 1
  16. jsrawa

jsrawa Member

I'd watch. The livestream, while good quality and professional might be overwhelmed by the traffic.

17. K-MTG

K-MTG Sunshade Captain of TMC

Can I get a drone and follow Elon?

18. dragonxt

dragonxt Active Member

You should Stream anything that Tesla will not be streaming.

Def don't need to stream the Unveiling itself.

19. WarpedOne

WarpedOne Supreme Premier

You may stream it on one condition: No vertical video, m'key?

• Like x 4
    • Funny x 4
  20. Sluggah

Sluggah Active Member

When is the event?