Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Should I Livestream Model 3 Event???

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When is the event?
c94pspzgUdoTj27ttdabmhEfX8Vd2LTjyMzzMPSc1bLm2PHG5Ty0A7hNaqqQhZoIshtGChTkb4xH4vhZdN92L1WjHjAkOxTtUprmlgXWU59FkRgPU9HIfYrRos9Rt0B2L3R1E_RNxaw=w580-h653-no

(Edit: @JeffK beat me to it!)

• Informative
Reactions: Canuck
My wife's flight is scheduled to leave at 1am same night... I may have to tell her to take an Uber while I party on with Elon... Worth it? Hmmm
I've been married twice... spouses can be more replaceable than final Model 3 reveals.

However, if you'd like to keep enough money to afford a Model 3 and a house to charge it at, better find a way to keep the wife happy. :p

This is a horrifying apocalyptic scenario.... the mere thought of this happening will give me nightmares until Friday night.

This happened to me on reveal night in 2016. I'd been using Chromecast on my living room TV. I was living it big that night. I had drinks, snacks, dimmed lightning. It was real.

But then Chromecast stream started dropping out just as Elon put up the wireframe of the Model 3 (which looked suspiciously like a Prius, which I didn't expect). I panicked; I abandoned the TV and began to run to my Ethernet-equipped system upstairs--I blamed the crappy WiFi signal reaching behind the TV (but also a floor and 3 walls).

That left a crucial 30-second window to navigate upstairs and open the livestream again on the Ethernet system; I disabled Chromecast on my phone and started watching the stream on my phone, cautiously walking up the stairs. It worked out, thank goodness.

My vibe for this 3rd part of the reveal: have everything open but not streaming on the various systems. Just in case one dies, so I can shutdown one bad stream and open another.

But they better be ready. This is the damned Superbowl of cars.

I'm willing to watch a pre reveal livestream... best be entertaining though ;)

The Tesla Show and Model 3 Owner's Club were doing a livestream earlier for about 20 minutes on the way there.

They said' they'd be back soon? The Tesla Show is there already, but the livestream isn't back yet.

@OP: yes! I've got you sub'd with notifications, too. It's not posted right yet?

Please don't livestream.

Like you said Tesla has their own livestream. And I hate to break it to you but mobile live stream video quality is horrid. Few people will give up watching a professionally set up, multiple camera, live stream for a hand held single point-of-view low res stream.

Get high res photos and videos for the historical record! Things that ordinary people wouldn't document, like important audience members, get a video of Franz von Holzhausen (My man crush) or the location itself.

And most importantly if you are filming move the camera around twice as slowly as you think is necessary. The footage is then usable in the far of future. (Stays nice and crispy)

oh dat moment of triumph when the Tesla livestream crashes hehehehe