Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Should I Not Update if I’m Hoping to Get Into FSD Beta?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m on 2022.16.3, and my car says I can update to 2022.20.8.

From what I see online, the next FSD beta will be part of 2022.16.3.5.

Would updating to 20.8 block me from a chance at this beta version? Or, would my car revert to 16.3.5 from 20.8, if I get accepted?

(Or, is the fact that 20.8 is available to me evidence that I’m not getting into the beta right now regardless?)

Thanks.

Just my humble opinion but I say just go ahead and update, if your in the FSD queue then your in the queue. As they haven't opened up the program since letting in approx 100K, you will have to wait til they open it again and it looks like the new update for FSD will be for current people in the program. But again these are just my thoughts.

Reactions: Benjamin Noah
Just my humble opinion but I say just go ahead and update, if your in the FSD queue then your in the queue. As they haven't opened up the program since letting in approx 100K, you will have to wait til they open it again and it looks like the new update for FSD will be for current people in the program. But again these are just my thoughts.
Thanks for the reply. I bet you’re right.

My 2017 MX just had the upgraded FSD cameras installed, which was the final hurdle before I can be accepted into the beta. That’s the only reason my situation might be different from the norm (or, maybe not; I wish Tesla was a little more transparent about the process). I’ve read that some owners are accepted in quickly after the camera upgrade, but that also could just be a coincidence.

I suppose my real question is: Do people with higher software versions ever revert to an older version when they’re accepted into FSD beta, or is it always a jump forward to a higher sw version?

Last edited:
Here’s hoping “10.69” in on the .20 version.
C3524CC9-8B60-4CF1-83C7-A4D247A9B9FA.jpeg