Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Should I pull the trigger? Canadian MYP Demo

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We aren’t getting as good of a deal as you are in the US, with just 10,000km of supercharging and only $5000 Canadian off the sticker price.

I’ve got a deposit on a Blue MYP with white interior. The car has a $6200 discount as a demo and an additional $5000. Feels like a pretty good discount but it is a 2022 model year with no rear shelf in the back, and no comfort suspension.

Car looks good overall, they are replacing a curbed rim. Paint has lots of swirls in it though and I’m probably going to pay for a paint correction.

We aren’t getting as good of a deal as you are in the US, with just 10,000km of supercharging and only $5000 Canadian off the sticker price.

I’ve got a deposit on a Blue MYP with white interior. The car has a $6200 discount as a demo and an additional $5000. Feels like a pretty good discount but it is a 2022 model year with no rear shelf in the back, and no comfort suspension.

Car looks good overall, they are replacing a curbed rim. Paint has lots of swirls in it though and I’m probably going to pay for a paint correction.
I have a 2023 MYLR and I don't know if I have the new and improved comfort suspension, I would not know the difference because I don't have a chance to compare between those 2

But for $6200 +$5000 Canadian money I would go for that MYP Demo... but it's not my money

Reactions: Destiny1701
Things to consider:
1) What’s the mileage? As a MYP demo, those are probably “hard” kms. Assume a lot of spirited rides and launches. It would bother me but that’s where the $6200 discount comes in.
2) What is the in-service date? That’s when the 4yr/80k warranty started. Less warranty, hence the discount.
3) In Ontario at least, demo cars are not subject to the $1880 destination and documentation fee. Extra savings, potentially.
4) 2022 still has USS.
5) Do you need a car now? If not, you can roll the dice to see what next year brings. Discounts? HW4? Stalk-less steering wheel?

Reactions: canadian.bacon
Things to consider:
1) What’s the mileage? As a MYP demo, those are probably “hard” kms. Assume a lot of spirited rides and launches. It would bother me but that’s where the $6200 discount comes in.
2) What is the in-service date? That’s when the 4yr/80k warranty started. Less warranty, hence the discount.
3) In Ontario at least, demo cars are not subject to the $1880 destination and documentation fee. Extra savings, potentially.
4) 2022 still has USS.
5) Do you need a car now? If not, you can roll the dice to see what next year brings. Discounts? HW4? Stalk-less steering wheel?
Agree

Ya it has 1100 km

I don’t think the mileage bothers me though but I do want to check on the warranty date. I guess I lose some tread but I’m going to pull the wheels off and sell them anyway. I’d rather go with 20”

Ya it has 1100 km

I don’t think the mileage bothers me though but I do want to check on the warranty date. I guess I lose some tread but I’m going to pull the wheels off and sell them anyway. I’d rather go with 20”
1100 is nothing for a demo car. It’s a bit strange seeing as it’s a 2022 model. Perhaps it’s a really late 2022? If it was earlier, it should have racked up many thousands of km. It sounds like a pretty good deal assuming condition is good. It comes down to whether or not you need the car now. Not much time left to decide.

I pulled the trigger. It’s so fast! Unfortunately it was made October 10th so it missed the comfort suspension by one day.

But it still has the proximity sensors in the front bumper. Nice for tight spots when you’re pulling in.

I pulled the trigger. It’s so fast! Unfortunately it was made October 10th so it missed the comfort suspension by one day.

But it still has the proximity sensors in the front bumper. Nice for tight spots when you’re pulling in.
(it was made October 10th so it missed the comfort suspension by one day).

Just curious... How do U know the comfort suspension started on Oct 11th? I was at the service center yesterday and they told me it happened around Mid Oct. MYLR was made-in-Fremont in early Nov 2022 so he's 99% sure mine comes with new suspension but he can't be sure unless he physically look at them

(it was made October 10th so it missed the comfort suspension by one day).

Just curious... How do U know the comfort suspension started on Oct 11th? I was at the service center yesterday and they told me it happened around Mid Oct. MYLR was made-in-Fremont in early Nov 2022 so he's 99% sure mine comes with new suspension but he can't be sure unless he physically look at them

Well done :) I have a 2022 MYP July delivery. For a slight bit more comfort set your psi to 38 instead of 43/44. Makes a huge diff in GTA streets depending where you live.
I also put 295’s rear and the 275’s in the front. This added an extra .5” of rubber all around compared to oem 255/275.

That’s a fantastic deal! 11k off the sticker? Do you have to take it literally today prior to y/end? Glad you grabbed it! Congrats 🎉

That's a deal. You can retrofit the comfort sus when parts become stocked and it should relatively cheap too.

Reactions: island3
Well done :) I have a 2022 MYP July delivery. For a slight bit more comfort set your psi to 38 instead of 43/44. Makes a huge diff in GTA streets depending where you live.
I also put 295’s rear and the 275’s in the front. This added an extra .5” of rubber all around compared to oem 255/275.

That’s a fantastic deal! 11k off the sticker? Do you have to take it literally today prior to y/end? Glad you grabbed it! Congrats 🎉
I had to take delivery on the 31st to get the $5000 discount on top of the $6200 off.

I fully expect some aggressive price drops or new features in 2023 but I was happy with the condition of the car and the price was reasonable.

Reactions: thesmokingman
I had to take delivery on the 31st to get the $5000 discount on top of the $6200 off.

I fully expect some aggressive price drops or new features in 2023 but I was happy with the condition of the car and the price was reasonable
Well done on the Blue…personal bias :)
We have blue/black. Driven around 12k since a July and the suspension also settles and relaxed a bit I found after 4-5k.